Pekin Duck Club!

What a beautiful place to live StacyAK. We have three beagles and from the noise at times you would think I own 12. However the other night I went outside after dark to let the dogs out for their last bathroom break before bed and there were two coyotes on the yard. Not one of the dogs barked. They all slunk back to the door, scrambling to get in the house. (They are in a large fenced in area) but they could have still barked. LOL Thank goodness the ducks and chickens were tucked away safe and sound. The chickens are good at putting themselves to bed and are always in when I go out to close up coops at 6:00-6:30pm. The two ducks are a little more stubborn and wait for me to waif them out of the pond. I think it's a game to them now.
I think it's survival of the dogs when they don't bark they don't want to draw attention to them selves. LOL when the blk bear came right up to our back door, thank goodness our 4 didn't go running out the dog door barking they would have been mince meat in a matter of seconds. Good to see you Younger.

so adorable LOOOOVE the names !!!!  those names are on my list for my new Sebbie goslings i want this spring haha my new 11 week old Pup is named KIMBER :love

Thanks for the name compliment. Along with Smith and Wesson (my only ducks), I have chickens named Ruger (Ru for short) and Remington (Remi). I have 30 other chickens with names, but those are my gun and ammo names.

I can list some of my other names. I'd also like to know what other people have named their feathered babies. I still have 5 more chickens that need names. One hen may be named Winnie (Winchester), but it's still in the family voting stage. My daughter wants Collar (who knows why, she's a dork) and my son wants Zombie or Paco (short for Apacolypse - go figure)!

Last edited:
Thanks for the name compliment. Along with Smith and Wesson (my only ducks), I have chickens named Ruger (Ru for short) and Remington (Remi). I have 30 other chickens with names, but those are my gun and ammo names.

I can list some of my other names. I'd also like to know what other people have named their feathered babies. I still have 5 more chickens that need names. One hen may be named Winnie (Winchester), but it's still in the family voting stage. My daughter wants Collar (who knows why, she's a dork) and my son wants Zombie or Paco (short for Apacolypse - go figure)!
I recall a thread about duck names here on the Forum.

Here are the names of my feathered babies.

Turkeys:
My tom's name is Checkers
The hens are Lucy, Snickers, and Lizzy

Guineas:
Cooper, Quigley, and Cora

Ducks:
Smith (female) and Wesson (male)

Chickens:
Ameraucanas:
Cap (Hatfield)
Levicey (Hatfield)
Pepper Potts
Alley
Cinnamon
Ruby
Oreo
Snowy

Remington (Remi)
Ruger (Ru)
PJ (Pokers Junior)
Pokers
Zazzberry
Two Toes (TT)
Frosting (Frosty)
Glory
CC (cookies and cream)
Tiny
Shirley (came from "Surely she's not as dumb as she acts." after she fell in the duck's kiddie pool!! It's not deep, so she jumped back out)
Lavern (we had a Shirley, so we needed a Lavern)

What names do you have??

Quote: You too Miss Lydia
Havn't had time to read/chat much on the computer as we have now decided we may need goats!!! and are trying to figure out where our shed/small barn should go before the snow flies. The ducks were celebrating Thanksgiving too. Couldn't resist. Albert seemed very proud to have a bow tie. Miss Daisy not so much. LOL They both dove in their pond after as if to wash it off.

Miss Daisy was playing in the mud as usual

You too Miss Lydia
Havn't had time to read/chat much on the computer as we have now decided we may need goats!!! and are trying to figure out where our shed/small barn should go before the snow flies. The ducks were celebrating Thanksgiving too. Couldn't resist. Albert seemed very proud to have a bow tie. Miss Daisy not so much. LOL They both dove in their pond after as if to wash it off.

Miss Daisy was playing in the mud as usual

Goats? are you getting them for milking? weeding? meat or all the above or to the left actually. They are so cute even if they didn't want to co operate. I live Pekins they always have a smile on their faces. Have to been to BYHerds?

We would like to get a doe to milk, I would like to make yogurt, soap, cheese, ice cream and a wether (think that's the term) to keep her company. Really for pets but with the added bonus of using the milk. Just two of us at the house now so don't think we need more milk than that. Actually just found the BYherds yesterday by mistake but thanks. Trying to research if we should get full size or pygmies? Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom