Pekin Duck Club!

Hello.My advice for this is if you want ducklings get them sexed.The hatchery you get them from most likely will say.On the other hand,if you want older ducks,the male duck will have a curly tail feather that will notify if it is a male or female.Make sure to write me back when you get them!I would love to hear from you.Also if you hatch them there is no guarantee.

So I was outside petting my female Jumbo Pekin while she was down in her mating position that she seems to like to do for me, lol, I call it her "flounder" position and call her "Flounder Bird" all the time. And it wasn't long into petting her that this tiny little egg popped right out of her! Hahahaha!! The first one that I have ever seen from her! This egg measures 1 1/2 inches long. Could be because of the weather, eh? Not enough sunlight, plus it being her first egg, too, I suppose? Must be her first one as I have not found any of these in their tiny duck-house nor any in the small patch of grass that I managed to expose for them over the past couple of weeks since it has been snowing here in Virginia. Strangest thing ever!

So I was outside petting my female Jumbo Pekin while she was down in her mating position that she seems to like to do for me, lol, I call it her "flounder" position and call her "Flounder Bird" all the time. And it wasn't long into petting her that this tiny little egg popped right out of her! Hahahaha!! The first one that I have ever seen from her! This egg measures 1 1/2 inches long. Could be because of the weather, eh? Not enough sunlight, plus it being her first egg, too, I suppose? Must be her first one as I have not found any of these in their tiny duck-house nor any in the small patch of grass that I managed to expose for them over the past couple of weeks since it has been snowing here in Virginia. Strangest thing ever!

Sometimes first eggs are small, they get bigger, I found one the other day that didn't even have yolk just white.
Congrats on your first egg.

have three Pekins & another duck (can't remember what breed he is). The Pekins are Quackers, Cheese, and Prim. The other is Peeta. :3 Has anyone had problems with their male Pekins pulling out their hens feathers? Quackers keeps pulling bald patches on several hens' lower backs, just above their tails. They don't seem to care but it's stressing me out because I worry about em. They're my feathered kids! Lol. Here's a pic of one of the chickens he's fond of picking on. She looks rough but she's fine. I've got her in the house letting her regrow feathers.
I

Last edited:
have three Pekins & another duck (can't remember what breed he is). The Pekins are Quackers, Cheese, and Prim. The other is Peeta. :3 Has anyone had problems with their male Pekins pulling out their hens feathers? Quackers keeps pulling bald patches on several hens' lower backs, just above their tails. They don't seem to care but it's stressing me out because I worry about em. They're my feathered kids! Lol. Here's a pic of one of the chickens he's fond of picking on. She looks rough but she's fine. I've got her in the house letting her regrow feathers.
I
You are right to be concerned, as I have been told that drakes, when they try to mate with chickens, can injure or kill them due to equipment mismatch.

I have 2 pekin ducks and i love them dearly. they're names are donald and daisy! Daisy just started laying the other day and i am super excited. ill be keeping my eye out for them and doing the dirty so that way i can hatch some babies. Lol.

Finally, a day that isn't beyond freezing. Everyone got to go outside and spread their wings. Albert and Daisy were honking and running in circles. Albert kept running over, nibbling on my boot and then running in circles as if to say "chase me." The second I would start after him he would flap and hide behind Daisy. (He is such a chicken)

Here is a pic of him playing "Peek a boo" He ducks down and then pops up to look over the top of the snow fencing we put up to stop the snow drifting in their coop. Sometimes he taps on the door with his beak. We tap on the other side. He will play for hours.

Peekin' Pekin

Back
Top Bottom