Pekin Duck Club!

Quote:
ya or so i have heard when i was little we had one pekin he was a good little guy he was the only one that would remember to go to the pond so things wouldnt get him at night he survive just about 2 flocks of ducks we named him or i did name him Aflac

i have 2 pekins, 2 welsh harliquins, and 2 black swedish i love them except the black swedish has a poof of feathers on the top of its head
oh, what a great combo. My buddy with the Pekin has a welsh too and she's a doll. She's a little carnivore and very curious. I've seen the poofy crests on ducks in pictures. They are cute. Do all your duckies get along?

Quote:
um yes i guess you could say they get along i got the other 4 ducks first then i got the pekins and i had the pekins in a cage in the 4 ducks pen for awhile so they could get used to each other and becuase at the time the pekins were much smaller they kinda bullied the pekins they get along now i mean sometimes though if the other4 are in there house the pekins will go outside and stick together but the pekins are acutly a little bigger in size than the other 4

Quote:
um yes i guess you could say they get along i got the other 4 ducks first then i got the pekins and i had the pekins in a cage in the 4 ducks pen for awhile so they could get used to each other and becuase at the time the pekins were much smaller they kinda bullied the pekins they get along now i mean sometimes though if the other4 are in there house the pekins will go outside and stick together but the pekins are acutly a little bigger in size than the other 4
that's a role reversal with the pekins being bigger so I imagine the bullying is no more. Funny how they go outside in their little flock though. My friend's Pekin towers over his welsh harlequin. The two girls even sound different voice wise.

Good, they are now living on a ranch with a few female pekins. I got them for eggs and ended up with 2 boys, oops! Unfortunately I don't have the room to keep them and girls. But they are doing well, I get updates on them because it's a coworker of my husbands.
oops is right, haha. I guess ya never know about their sexes til later. But I bet it's a relief knowing the boys are in a good home via your husband.

Quote:
that's a role reversal with the pekins being bigger so I imagine the bullying is no more. Funny how they go outside in their little flock though. My friend's Pekin towers over his welsh harlequin. The two girls even sound different voice wise.
ya its funny if you think about it hard its kinda like life but you can tell like if i peak outside the window that they are still seperated you know like its not like the see the pekins as family like the other 4 see each other

Back
Top Bottom