Pekin Duck Club!

torn or shredded paper makes material for nesting , easy to clean and refresh , is soft and warm. I found straw and sawdust gets too wet and damp . Towels or old sheets makes bedding best the moisture is absorbed, can be cleaned and washed too!

Here's my pekin boy!! His name is Pascal! I got him yesterday!! He is such a sweet boy!! I was told the other duck, which is a female, that she is pekin is that right? Her name is Sadie Mae! Thank you!

Hey Keeper Of Birds!
I didn't put mine to live outside till around 3 months when they had their adult feathers as those fluffy yellow feathers don't do much to protect them from the weather. After about 3 weeks I kept them outside during the day in a large cage with no wire on the bottom so they could root around and eat grass and they came in at night. Hope that helps :). Is that one of your ducklings in your avatar? Very cute.

Here's my pekin boy!! His name is Pascal! I got him yesterday!! He is such a sweet boy!! I was told the other duck, which is a female, that she is pekin is that right? Her name is Sadie Mae! Thank you!

What a pretty big boy! As far as I'm aware Pekins are only white? So maybe your girl is a runner cross Pekin she's very cute though.

@Julie Bird

Most likely "More mini tomatoes please!" They like bobbing and getting them off the bottom of the pool. One hen likes swimming more than the other for some reason. 
that is so cute. Good practice foraging in the water like that.
With regard to the one prefering swimming over the other it sure is a joy to observe the different personalities.

Back
Top Bottom