Pekin Duck Club!

You can order them from a hatchery, or there is a Buy Sell Trade forum here, think about adults - there is a Free Rehoming forum, too, and vets, and shelters take in abandoned ducks.

Attempted to dye my drake Nibbles but I forgot about the saying "like water off a ducks back" lol:

P.s. What do you think he's mixed with? The man I got him from said full Pekin but he looks too small..

It may still be a full Pekin female the regular size and not Jumbo Pekin, My females are smaller than the drakes

Here is our setup:

Indoors - our Saxony hen on her clutch in a storage tote nest box

Outdoors - additional storage tote nest boxes. Our Khaki Campbells use them daily when they lay, and some of the other ducks use them as shelter when they don't feel like using the run in shed.

The totes are cheap and easy to clean. We picked ours up for around $7 a piece.

Very clever for outdoors! you just gave me an idea! I have several doghouses but could use a few more but hadn't sorted other alternatives, you've given me a cheap and easy solution.

Last edited:
Attempted to dye my drake Nibbles but I forgot about the saying "like water off a ducks back" lol:

P.s. What do you think he's mixed with? The man I got him from said full Pekin but he looks too small..

Doesn't look mixed to me? then again hard to say with absolution. Does it sound like a drake? females are smaller..

I have found that the drakes I get from private breeders are a lot smaller than the ones I have bought from commercial poultry houses, and I have standard sized pekins. My private bred drake is only slightly larger than his hen, but my commercial drake is HUGE! The hens are pretty consistent in size.

I have found that the drakes I get from private breeders are a lot smaller than the ones I have bought from commercial poultry houses, and I have standard sized pekins. My private bred drake is only slightly larger than his hen, but my commercial drake is HUGE! The hens are pretty consistent in size.
but I bet he's very cute in all his hugeness.

Our pekin-black Swedish mix ducklings that hatched yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom