Pekin Duck Club!

I mean, she's fat, completely round, but JoJo feels little. So once I felt him, he's probably around a 2 according to the chart.
ok, since I know nothing about ducks and standards and as long as Lily is OK and healthy having that body type, I have to say fat and completely round means I want to hold her and KISS her.

LOL. Massive is right for Pekins. That's a lot of the reason that they're one of the main ones raised for not living long. Well, that and the light skin that presents well if you're into that sort of thing.

The BO cross sounds very possible with yours based on the way you describe their plumage and now knowing they're a little, just a little, smaller than the end of the standard scale. All the standard scales depend on pure breeding many generations back, so they're not at all dependable with crosses. We had a KC that bonded and mated (a lot) with a Rouen drake, and the progeny turned out much closer to her size than to his.

Yeah, the lady that I got them from said they looked like buff ducklings, but when their adult feathers came in they were pure white. They are very fluffy and round like a pekin, but have the body size of a buff.

Could you get a current pic of them both side by side? I'm actually starting to wonder if she's really a Pekin. Also, are you able to get her weight so you can monitor that?
here's a bunch of pics. In the pics u can't see his drake curl, JoJo is always on the right. Lily is real white. Jojo has a yellow tint. Its the best I could do. They cooperated very well...

They are so pretty! She looks like a healthy weight to me - she will definitely benefit from a healthier diet, but she doesn't look overweight. Have you tried weighing her yet? When we need to get a quick weight of a duck we will weigh ourselves on our bathroom scale, then weigh ourselves on the scale while holding the duck. Some quick math - and you have the weight. We should just buy a small animal scale - but this will do for now.

Back
Top Bottom