Pekin Duck Club!

Thank you!!!
1f602.png
I just soaked her and I took this pic when I got her out of the tub.

You can see the swelling went down immensely and the part of the scab that went over the pad fell off. I can see the improvement! Thx again!!!
1f44f.png
1f381.png
Sure looks alot better
thumbsup.gif

Thank you!!!
1f602.png
I just soaked her and I took this pic when I got her out of the tub.

You can see the swelling went down immensely and the part of the scab that went over the pad fell off. I can see the improvement! Thx again!!!
1f44f.png
1f381.png
You're one of the best duck moms ever. If you were into Calls, I'd just give you some, same as with Buff. I love the fact that you love them so much, and that's what I care about with mine, not about the price.

You're one of the best duck moms ever. If you were into Calls, I'd just give you some, same as with Buff. I love the fact that you love them so much, and that's what I care about with mine, not about the price.

Thanks! I do, they are just like more kids, except they sleep in the basement! Lol I was watching Lily swim underwater the other day, it was so cool, I was amazed! JoJo never did that. I do want to get him a few more girls once we move. He only mates with her when they are in water so I babysit and they are fine. But I want a different breed when I get more, i know calls would be too tiny!!!!!!

do Pekin ducks like water?

Yes when my drake isnt in one of their pools, he sits in a water dish all night. Actually he's been so clingy lately, between being sick, working, and it being miserable outside I haven't spent as much time with them as usual. Their pen/room is half the basement. Its huge and there's only two of them but every time I shut the gate he runs to me like plz don't leave mama, I feel awful. I love my little boy , I don't know what to do. :hit

Hiya everybody! I have a pekin question! LOL (you're shocked right?)

I picked up two pekins today (we take in a lot of unwanted animals). Owner didn't know if they were male or female. I asked on the phone if they had curly tails (sex feathers) - he said yes. OK, so I go expecting boys. I get there and no sex feathers. Oh cool... girls! Then I hear them quack. They sound more like boys...(unless they really haven't gotten going yet... they did just get here) He said he hasn't gotten any eggs from them, but then said something was stealing eggs from his pen. So, they sound like boys, no sex feather and we don't know about eggs. Oh and one more thing - the bills are different colors. One is definitely much lighter than the other. He says they are about 18 months old. Working on uploading some photos although I don't have many yet.

Please share any insight you might have? Although he had a human convenient set up, it wasn't very duck friendly. I don't know what they were eating and if they were getting sufficient light for laying... perhaps that's a big factor?

Yes when my drake isnt in one of their pools, he sits in a water dish all night. Actually he's been so clingy lately, between being sick, working, and it being miserable outside I haven't spent as much time with them as usual. Their pen/room is half the basement. Its huge and there's only two of them but every time I shut the gate he runs to me like plz don't leave mama, I feel awful. I love my little boy , I don't know what to
Aww @duckies1230 I'm sorry you've been sick. You have to remember it wasn't too long ago JoJo was center of attention and loving every minute of it so of course he wants to be with you but he has Lily now so he isn't lonely. When you start feeling better just spend sometime with them in their room that will make up for it.

Hiya everybody! I have a pekin question! LOL (you're shocked right?)

I picked up two pekins today (we take in a lot of unwanted animals). Owner didn't know if they were male or female. I asked on the phone if they had curly tails (sex feathers) - he said yes. OK, so I go expecting boys. I get there and no sex feathers. Oh cool... girls! Then I hear them quack. They sound more like boys...(unless they really haven't gotten going yet... they did just get here) He said he hasn't gotten any eggs from them, but then said something was stealing eggs from his pen. So, they sound like boys, no sex feather and we don't know about eggs. Oh and one more thing - the bills are different colors. One is definitely much lighter than the other. He says they are about 18 months old. Working on uploading some photos although I don't have many yet.

Please share any insight you might have? Although he had a human convenient set up, it wasn't very duck friendly. I don't know what they were eating and if they were getting sufficient light for laying... perhaps that's a big factor?
Other Pekin owners will have to help with the questions you asked I just wanted to say Bless you for taking them in. and if they do turn out to be drakes do they get to stay?

Back
Top Bottom