Pekin Duck Club!

@Amiga.
@Miss Lydia
While we are on the subject of bumblefoot, Lily's foot has healed tremendously with treatment but I know its still bothering her and the scabs are ready to remove, I plan on removing them tomorrow, its been a few wks since treatment began so I think its enough time. Yet when I picked her up tonight, I noticed her foot/leg was hot compared to the other. So I'm taking it that the infection is on the uproar again. Is it still safe to remove the scabs tomorrow? At the closest TSC the only antibiotics are for swine or cows. They are injectable too, not oral. So what are your thoughts on what I should do?

Last edited:
I would get antibiotics somehow. @casportpony is willing and able to help figure out the details about antibiotics, I'd contact her for help.

I would also remove the scabs, as there is yuck under them, yes?

@Amiga .
@Miss Lydia
While we are on the subject of bumblefoot, Lily's foot has healed tremendously with treatment but I know its still bothering her and the scabs are ready to remove, I plan on removing them tomorrow, its been a few wks since treatment began so I think its enough time. Yet when I picked her up tonight, I noticed her foot/leg was hot compared to the other. So I'm taking it that the infection is on the uproar again. Is it still safe to remove the scabs tomorrow? At the closest TSC the only antibiotics are for swine or cows. They are injectable too, not oral. So what are your thoughts on what I should do?
Amiga is right she needs an antibiotic now, but after you soak her today and the skin is soft to work with try pulling off the scabs. They should be ready now. Hopefully getting the scabs off and the bumble out will go along way in getting her healed up. You have to get that infection out[bumble]

@casportpony Help please!

My bumble foot experience is limited to two, one I took to the vet and she prescribed Baytril for infection and Metacam for pain, the other one I was able to squeeze the pus out and she recovered without and medication.

Would be helpful to know what antibiotics are at Tractor Supply.

-Kathy

My bumble foot experience is limited to two, one I took to the vet and she prescribed Baytril for infection and Metacam for pain, the other one I was able to squeeze the pus out and she recovered without and medication.

Would be helpful to know what antibiotics are at Tractor Supply.

-Kathy

@casportpony might be that when she gets the scabs off and the pus out the swelling will go down and antibiotics won't be needed.

What is going on @duckies1230

@Miss Lydia
@casportpony
@Amiga
Sorry ladies I just got home. Anyhow, when I went downstairs this morning and picked her up, I checked her foot and no scabs what so ever, they must have came off over night. There is no hole, one little darkish mark under the skin in the center of her foot pad, the skin is thin and sorta see through, there doesn't seem to be any puss that I can see, I've squeezed it, massaged it, nothing!!! I'm happy, more or less confused bc there's no doubt it was bumble foot but what happened?! I feel as if I'm having a blonde moment yet I'm not blonde! Lol! The foot and leg aren't hot anymore. Here's a pic but it sucks, I took around 20 but there kept being a flash. The dark spot looks like a scab almost in the pic but its not! Should I do anything else? I did pick up an antibiotic cream at TSC while I was out. Terramycin, it was like $16. The only medicine they had for poultry. I haven't used it on her.

Back
Top Bottom