Pekin Duck Club!

@duckies1230 hard to tell by pics but from what I can see it looks alot different and better. So you got an antibiotic cream why not go ahead and use it a couple nights since there is still something there even if tiny. I don't think it would hurt. Put it on before bed so she doesn't climb into water and wash it right off. Sometimes when the scab come off the bumble comes out with it, but you know she may not had had bumble just some really eat up feet, What ever it was she looks to be over it now. Thanks to the great care she has gotten.

I am not entirely surprised, since Miss Lydia and Haunted55 and a number of others have had good results with Epsom salt soaks and clear iodine. Each body is unique, so we cannot predict exactly how the healing will progress.

Nice news!

I would definitely adjust the treatment to help new tissue development - maybe just some e.s. soaks, the antibiotic ointment may indeed be a good idea - if you do, I would keep it up for several days.

Absolutely.

Clear iodine also contains an ammonia compound. Perhaps it is just coincidence, but the regular (brown, yellow-orange, etc.) iodine does not appear to work the same way with a bumble.

I don't have any research to explain the mechanism, but the clear iodine is impressive as far as results go.

I know of several people who have tried it.

Ladies,

I will continue the es soaks and apply the antibiotic cream to take care of what ever is left for a week or so. And she wasn't limping earlier. Obviously, if there is any difference in her condition I shall report!!! Thank you for all the help!!!! Lily and I greatly appreciate it! :hugs

Last edited:
Ladies,

I will continue the es soaks and apply the antibiotic cream to take care of what ever is left for a week or so. And she wasn't limping earlier. Obviously, if there is any difference in her condition I shall report!!! Thank you for all the help!!!! Lily and I greatly appreciate it!
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif
we're just pleased to hear she is doing so well.

I haven't found a club yet so I figured I would start my own! Pekin duck owners unite! Please feel free to share stories, pictures, breed information and most of all, have fun chatting with others about the comical, chatty and beautiful Pekin Duck!

My beautiful pekin, Soleil <3

I was sitting with my ducks today and noticed that my Pekin was scratching her head rapidly. When I looked at her closer, I noticed she had some red bug looking things on her head. I picked her up to look at them more closely and they were gone. I went in and researched it and it sounds like mites! I hear they can get sick from them and even die!! They rest of my ducks are too dark to tell and don't like to be held so it is difficult to asses what they have. What do I do?? Is this serious?

Back
Top Bottom