Pekin Duck Club!

I tried to take pics, it didn't work. Yeah I have the ten pack of small led flashlights from TSC. That's what I'm using...lol..their seems to be veins in 3 of them. A dark spot in the middle, a few veins from that, but the veins are light and then a reddish, looking ring around that. That's what looked like a bloody color almost to me. I numbered them tonight, I'll give them a few more days and see if there are any changes. I wish you lived close and I would bring u here...lol..ur my problem solver and jade but I haven't seen her on here but I've been super busy lately. Anyhow, when I got home Lily wasn't on her nest, that's when I fed them some treats and candled and numbered the eggs. They were cold, maybe she gave up but she covers them all with straw whenever shes not sitting on them.
If she is still laying daily she isn't ready to fully commit, you said you have the chart right go by that. Have you thought what your going to do if she does hatch any ducklings? you'll want them to stay safe when outside you'll be surprised what will come out of the wood work when you let mama and ducklings loose in the yard. If you decide to let her sit I'd take most of the eggs away and let her hatch a small clutch she'll have a better experience and you'll not be over whelmed. I wish i was closer too so i could see what is going on in those eggs.

I tried to take pics, it didn't work. Yeah I have the ten pack of small led flashlights from TSC. That's what I'm using...lol..their seems to be veins in 3 of them. A dark spot in the middle, a few veins from that, but the veins are light and then a reddish, looking ring around that. That's what looked like a bloody color almost to me. I numbered them tonight, I'll give them a few more days and see if there are any changes. I wish you lived close and I would bring u here...lol..ur my problem solver and jade but I haven't seen her on here but I've been super busy lately. Anyhow, when I got home Lily wasn't on her nest, that's when I fed them some treats and candled and numbered the eggs. They were cold, maybe she gave up but she covers them all with straw whenever shes not sitting on them.
You're such a great duck mom.

If she is still laying daily she isn't ready to fully commit, you said you have the chart right go by that. Have you thought what your going to do if she does hatch any ducklings? you'll want them to stay safe when outside you'll be surprised what will come out of the wood work when you let mama and ducklings loose in the yard. If you decide to let her sit I'd take most of the eggs away and let her hatch a small clutch she'll have a better experience and you'll not be over whelmed.  I wish i was closer too so i could see what is going on in those eggs. 

I'm taking away a lot tomorrow. I just don't wanna kill any babies that are in the process of developing. She is laying daily. One minute I think she's ready to be mama. The next day, she could care less. I want a few babies but it would be best to wait until we move.. I'm looking for a place now

I'm taking away a lot tomorrow. I just don't wanna kill any babies that are in the process of developing. She is laying daily. One minute I think she's ready to be mama. The next day, she could care less. I want a few babies but it would be best to wait until we move.. I'm looking for a place now
thumbsup.gif

HELP! I noticed one of my pekins like this today...is this basically a hemmroid or is this possibly a bigger problem? I usually only get 1 egg a day, but today I got three. I'm assuming this was her first day laying. I have no clue who was laying the one egg for the last 3 weeks to be honest. She is constantly dripping (I assume "pee"?)....

This is a prolapse. She needs vet care. Time in a lukewarm tub of water may help. Can you getvher to a vet? These can be treated if they don't go too long.

I'd do like Amiga says and let her soak in some nice warm water, then try gently to push it back inside. if it stays great if not you can try again using some KY jelly or vaseline but if it won't stay in the a vet is the only way, they will most likely put in a stitch or 2 to keep it from coming back out. This can be very serious if not taken care of.

I'd do like Amiga says and let her soak in some nice warm water, then try gently to push it back inside. if it stays great if not you can try again using some KY jelly or vaseline but if it won't stay in the a vet is the only way,  they will most likely put in a stitch or 2 to keep it from coming back out. This can be very serious if not taken care of.

Thank you, both of yall. We will try the bath and pushing it back in. I read elsewhere to use witch hazel or preperation H... well try this and keep her in a pen in a dark room to help keep her from laying until she's heale ld and go from there..

This is Jemima Puddle-duck! We just received her on Thursday. :) (A goose got her a few days before we picked her up which is why her bill doesn't look so hot right now)

BTW, we are Denver area too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom