Pekin Duck Club!

Jojo is always wet. He won't stay out of water. I've always worried he will freeze to death. And now winter is here. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!
th.gif
Ducks who sleep in their water bowls in frigid temps can get frost bite. I would remove any water they can actually get into on nights when it gets below freezing.. We had a member a couple years ago who had a rescue duck who had frost bite. Not something you would want to happen to your ducks or any animal for that matter.

Hi.. I have 2 drake pekins, they are 7 months old. One has a curly tail feather (has had it for months) and the other drake has not yet produced his curly tail feather. What is the longest time for a curly tail feather to appear?? thanks

Ducks who sleep in their water bowls in frigid temps can get frost bite.  I would remove any water they can actually get into on nights when it gets below freezing.. We had a member a couple years ago who had a rescue duck who had frost bite. Not something you would want to happen to your ducks or any animal for that matter.

If my ducks slept in their water dish, they would be frozen to the block of ice. just sayin, for my neck of the woods; northern Idaho. we are getting down to 16 degrees Wed and Thurs, yikes, I think I will put 2 heat lamps in their house!!!

I've started closing the door to their outer coop with the pool in the evening (they still have a small yard with a bucket of water to dip their head in). And I put them to bed a lot earlier. I've started to give them a bowl of warmish porridge at night, which they love! It's just so cold!!

Here is P.K(Pekin) and his son K.P (Khaki Pekin) also known as 'Wingtip' because he has some pekin white at the tip of his wings, which he still has after 2 months now. He is almost as big as his dad. Which is crazy considering he was the size of an egg when I hatched him with some ancona ducklings. :)
Considering PK is my only Pekin out of the 7 before the babies, I was lucky to pick an egg that turned out half pekin. Considering he was up against 2 male khaki and a rouen. :)

They are beautiful ducks!!!!

I think I'm gonna take a break from byc. I'm probably driving MCC crazy asking questions nonstop. I'm so worried about lily and JoJo. I know they have a great mama now and a great home. I miss them but I know their happy and MCC is awesome ! So what is my problem!?!?!? Lol. I'll check back in, in about a week. Well I'll try!!!! I don't know if I can make it that long!!! :he

Back
Top Bottom