Pekin Duck Club!

Mine our separated for the same reason. Intell I can get a handle on these hatch. He is in lock down in another cage. I can't do my incubators. I have to work on garden and my sons schooling. He has fallen behind .i wow
wow! I home school my 9 and 10 year olds. I feel so bad having to put our drake in lock down, so today I'm going to make him a temporary pin something bigger and next to his mate {daisy} and the ducklings. she took the ducklings for a swim yesterday and it was so cute watching them. they are 5 days old today. I watch them all the time to make sure they are doing ok. daisy is doing a wonderful job.......

So I have a KC hen and a Pekin drake. Oh how I love them both but I have to ask this question....no one hate me
hide.gif
Are Pekin's not known for their brains? I mean, I know ducks aren't known as the smartest animals, but my KC seems pretty intelligent, but my poor Pekin. He's extremely clumsy and lacking a bit in the brains department ( and by a bit I mean a lot). He sure is handsome though, all brawn and no brain
smile.png
Is this normal or did I just get lucky with him?

So I have a KC hen and a Pekin drake. Oh how I love them both but I have to ask this question....no one hate me :oops: Are Pekin's not known for their brains? I mean, I know ducks aren't known as the smartest animals, but my KC seems pretty intelligent, but my poor Pekin. He's extremely clumsy and lacking a bit in the brains department ( and by a bit I mean a lot). He sure is handsome though, all brawn and no brain :) Is this normal or did I just get lucky with him?

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
my pekins are pretty dumb too (love them, my favorites) always getting their heads stuck in the fence, or trying to eat a rock, whist my KC is escaping the pen. I guess it's just the breed, although I'm sure their are some genius pekins. (I named my dumbest pekin after a genius....)

They decided to join me at the fire. Roast duck anyone? :lol: I finally got a pool for the ducks. So far, Jojo is the only one that I have seen use it. This was taken as soon as I finished filling it. I thought he would stay in, but came running after me the second I walked away. Lily and Jojo with one of the babies. @duckies1230 Lily does swim. She prefers bodies of water she can walk into. The neighbors' yard floods when it rains. The other day, it was BAD. All seven ducks were swimming around in the puddles. Maybe the ducklings and Jojo swimming convinced her. IDK. I wish I had had a camera.
All of this is so cute. Love Lily and JoJo and the duckling.

Hah
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
my pekins are pretty dumb too (love them, my favorites) always getting their heads stuck in the fence, or trying to eat a rock, whist my KC is escaping the pen. I guess it's just the breed, although I'm sure their are some genius pekins. (I named my dumbest pekin after a genius....)

Haha!!! Glad I'm not the only one. Yours sounds just like mine. They have so much personality though you just can't help but love them!

So I have a KC hen and a Pekin drake. Oh how I love them both but I have to ask this question....no one hate me
hide.gif
Are Pekin's not known for their brains? I mean, I know ducks aren't known as the smartest animals, but my KC seems pretty intelligent, but my poor Pekin. He's extremely clumsy and lacking a bit in the brains department ( and by a bit I mean a lot). He sure is handsome though, all brawn and no brain
smile.png
Is this normal or did I just get lucky with him?
I don't know if it's "normal" but I have 3 Pekins. One has a little brains the other two were standing behind the door when they handed out brains! LOL Mine are pretty girls as well. I have been wondering if it is just Pekins or other ducks as well. My Cayuga and Swedish seem to have a few brains. Definitely smarter than the Pekins!

Hello! We have our first little ones today! I've been stalking the boards but finally feel like I can join in! The kids and I are exhausted already with trying to watch their every move! They are so much more active than our chicks and quite comical even at a day old. I definitely see where the artist for Donald Duck got his inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom