Pekin Duck Club!

Just wanted to stop in to say hi!!!! I miss ya'll, so many new ppl! Lily and Jojo had babies!!!! I almost cried!!!

I can't even go to tsc since I can't bring ducks home!!! Everyone take care!
1f618.png

Here is mine, Laura. She is about 1 1/2 wks old.

Here Laira is with, i believe a Blue Sweedish, Luke. They are about 4 weeks in this picture. Not sure if male or female yet but named them after old soap tv show caracters. They are both very sweet. Don't mind being held and they are older now have to get new picts.

OK- Ill join- I was recently forced into ducks when I built an aviary for a neighbor, and she bought my 2 sons 2 pekins.
The are about 9 week old, maybe 10- and look full grown. I have a bunch of questions and comments- but to start with. I have 4 now- neighbor who got herself 2 didnt like them bullying her chickens- so we have 4.. Trying to find a "drake feather" nothing seems to stand out- but definitely have a "leader" in the group. so Question #1- Can they be left outside of a pen during the day? We live in a subdivision with 2 acre properties where there are goats, lamas, and horses on adjoining properties, semi wooded- but only a hawk has killed a neighbor chicken before...but my wife is afraid to let them out with no one home. Any suggestions? Thanks
Daniel

OK- Ill join- I was recently forced into ducks when I built an aviary for a neighbor, and she bought my 2 sons 2 pekins.
The are about 9 week old, maybe 10- and look full grown. I have a bunch of questions and comments- but to start with. I have 4 now- neighbor who got herself 2 didnt like them bullying her chickens- so we have 4.. Trying to find a "drake feather" nothing seems to stand out- but definitely have a "leader" in the group. so Question #1- Can they be left outside of a pen during the day? We live in a subdivision with 2 acre properties where there are goats, lamas, and horses on adjoining properties, semi wooded- but only a hawk has killed a neighbor chicken before...but my wife is afraid to let them out with no one home. Any suggestions? Thanks
Daniel

Ours are just in a fenced area with no cover. We have tons of Hawks and owls, but now that the Pekins are huge I don't worry too much they'll be picked off. We have a rooster in their yard to act as an attack dog, if needed. I wish I could let them out in the rest of our 2 unfenced acres, but we have a couple neighbor dogs who fancy fowl of any sort. One preferred pheasant, but with none available(he shredded it), he has taking a liking to some of our wayward chickens. I won't risk it with the ducks.

Back
Top Bottom