Pekin Duck Club!

Hopefully I'm finally getting ducks. Started with 12 Pekin eggs in the incubator on August 15.
There are six live wiggles left after two stinkers and four infertiles were removed at candling.
The eggs were purchased from a 9 year old boy in a nearby town who was selling eggs to feed his flock of chickens and ducks.
I had two geese rescues several years ago and think the ducks will be a more friendly addition to the flock of chickens here on the farm.
Trying to read thru this thread and enjoying all the pictures.
:fl for the six to hatch in a few more weeks.

My Peaches has laid her egg every day when I let her and Piotr out of their duck house at 8:00 a.m. She is a very regular lady Pekin! Very sweet. Did I mention that I got her from a man who sells ducks to the butcher shops in San Francisco? She had been plopped in a bird cage in the office and just outside were hanging the ducks that had been slaughtered. Boy did that little girl go to a good home with kiddie pools and a garden to explore in, and Mr. Piotr to share her company. Good food, tomatoes twice a day, and a nice duck house to sleep in each night, safe from raccoons!

Pekin Duck Club Members List:

duckins-

Carebearsmiles

Apyl

zbraswell92

DenverDucky

Please let me know if you would like to be added or removed! Thanks
smile.png

I have a Pekin duck so can you add me? thanks

Can anyone tell me if they have had the similar problem, when my pekin drake is mating my duck she quacks like he's killing her. (Really loud). Totally different with my mallards. So don't know if he's hurting her?

Hi all! I would love to be a part of this thread. I own 3 Pekin ducks and had another 1. Julliette, mine, is the eldest and we have 2 babies named lucy and daisy. We also had another one named lucky ducky who we had to put down. Anyways thanks, and please add me!

The ongoing tales of The Crazy Gang. We are all grown up now and the 5 ladies love to flirt with Mr. Frankie Blue Eyes (hes a bit of a ladies man)
Frankie recently injured his leg (most likely getting frisky) so off to the vet we went, talked to a lovely young lady who looked him over and felt his leg, gave him some cream and prescribed warm epsom salt baths. After a few days of spa treatments Frankie is back to his normal self holding court with his girls and flirting with me for blueberries.

I've never had ducks before, I love the way they dance around in the rain and line up in a row to head into their house at night. In the morning they do the run of joy, figure 8's flapping their wings and quacking at the top of their lungs ... such happy (and noisy) birds.

Back
Top Bottom