Pekin Duck Club!

My duck has been chasing his foot I've looked at it and don't see anything wrong with it. Please watch the video of him and tell me if your duck has ever done this. Thanks

I would guess he's been stung, or has a splinter or something else sharply hurting the foot.

Take a look for a splinter, if it's a sting put a lentil-sized dab of benedryl cream on the foot and rub it in well. Check for swelling.

My duck has been chasing his foot I've looked at it and don't see anything wrong with it. Please watch the video of him and tell me if your duck has ever done this. Thanks

I haven't ever seen that before. I have some drakes as they begin to mature that will seem to be chasing their tails but it goes away pretty quick, Might try giving your ducks some Vitamins like B complex mixed in water or brewers yeast sprinkled over the feed and see if maybe its a nutrient def. How often does he/she do this or is it constant?

I haven't ever seen that before. I have some drakes as they begin to mature that will seem to be chasing their tails but it goes away pretty quick, Might try giving your ducks some Vitamins like B complex mixed in water or brewers yeast sprinkled over the feed and see if maybe its a nutrient def. How often does he/she do this or is it constant?

At first it seemed like he was chasing his tail. He don't do it alot . He does have a bad broke nail what can I do for it (no swelling

Hi Guys! What can I Use for beeding for my 2 pekin ducks. I forgot ducks are very dirty and i just got them this past weekend. :)

You know what works for me? Well, for the ducks...

I use pine shavings in the pen, but for their watering area I use this -

Catches 98% of the water and splash, keeps the bedding much nicer. I spot pick poop daily, put it in a bucket and use that for gardening. That way I get fertilizer and mulch for the cost of food and bedding - so since I am a gardener it saves me money and effort.

At first it seemed like he was chasing his tail. He don't do it alot . He does have a bad broke nail what can I do for it (no swelling

It is hard to say what maybe causing him to do this, I would try some brewers yeast or B complex make sure the B complex has at least 150 mgs of niacin in it. As for the nail soaking in so Epsom salt water 1/2 cup to half gal of warm water may help if it's looking like it's getting infected. Maybe that is what is bothering him?? They cannot drink ES water it is also a laxative.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom