Pekin Duck Club!

How can you tell if a pekin is a jumbo or not. All I know are my pekin are quite big, or just fat.
idunno.gif

How can you tell if a pekin is a jumbo or not. All I know are my pekin are quite big, or just fat.:idunn

I don't know how you tell. I'm not positive mine was a jumbo. She was so much bigger even as a baby. As I said when she did her first molt she was a cream color. Someone said a jumbo pekin is cream. That's all I could tell you. A bobcat got her when she was about 6 months old so I can't give any info on adults. Sorry!
Mandy

Last edited:
Hello everybody Im new here nice to see you all. Im from mexico here we dont have a duck club, so Im glad to find you. I have 2 beautiful pekin ducks, their names are Alcachofa and Mantequilla, they are 1 year old. I hope to find a lot of advises here :)

Hello Marisun55,

Enjoy your two Pekins, Mantequilla and Alcachofa. My two Pekins are Piotr and Peaches. Very sweet they are. Piotr is 5 years old and Peaches is about 1 1/2. Very hot just now in San Francisco so they have two swimming ponds. Mine love lettuce & tomatoes, in addition to their ducks food.

Hello Pekin duck lovers!

I would love to join the club! (if you don't mind
smile.png
)

I live in East Tennessee with six ducks, three of them being Pekin ducks
celebrate.gif

They are only a year old and are SWEET! My favorite duck is a Pekin hen named Lily (who I believe has mild angelwing...) and she's ADORABLE! Frankly, my ducks live outside in their own "Holiduck Inn", but they are surprisingly tame for being not being imprinted on me!

I hope we'll get a "new batch" of ducklings next year along with my first CHICKS! Even though it's a while from now, I can't help but feel really excited! I can tell this will be a great thread!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

How do you tell if they molt or not? Mine is about 5 months old and they are still quite fluffy. And is there a age limit on when their eggs will bear ducklings? I know all the eggs she has laid seem are fertal, atleast something is growing in them but they get to a point where they just die and go bad. I have candled the last set and I could see movement in them and veins in them. Come back a couple days later and nothing. So what do I do?

I'm not completely sure on the molting part, but I remember when mine were young, they'd slowly grow small feathers, eventually to the point where they would almost be fully feathered, but still have bits of fluff. Hang in there :)

Pekin ducks are HORRIBLE about sitting on eggs (from what my memory recounts of research and my own experience). If you plan to hatch ducklings, it would be best for you to buy an incubator (beware, they can be pricy) or put the egg under a broody hen if you own some.

Back
Top Bottom