Pekin Duck Club!

I have two ducks a male and a female. so, my male duck is all lonely its kinda sad because she partner in crime is nesting. I also have two geese but my female goose is the bully of all my pets. In the morning when I'm drinking my cup of joe I love to see them swim in the little pond my dad and I made for them.
@alexa32 Welcome to BYC beautiful birds you have there. lovely pond too. Did you know you can clip those flight feathers on your goose with angel wing? that way they won't get caught on things. If interested we have a good diagram on how to clip. Also we have a member who actually fixed angel wing in one of her geese by waiting till molt and wrapping when flight feathers started coming back in. Just thought I'd share.
smile.png

Question a lady found a white duck on the side of the road and asked me to take it in my pekins are pure white but this one looks yellow white with its wings crossing over back what other pekin breeds are there?

Question a lady found a white duck on the side of the road and asked me to take it in my pekins are pure white but this one looks yellow white with its wings crossing over back what other pekin breeds are there?
Someone told me that giant Pekins are cream color. But she doesn't look any larger than the others. So I'm not sure.

Mandy

About the time they hit sexual maturity (so about 6 months give or take) a feather or several will curl near the end of the tail.

This and the voice should work for all mallard derived breeds, it won't work for muscovys becuase 1. They aren't mallard derived so they don't have the sex feather and 2. They don't quack, they hiss. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom