Pekin Duck Club!

They'll be 6 weeks old on Tuesday

This fella in the front is going to be huge!!

What an adorable flock looks like the big one is their fearless leader.
love.gif

Okay everyone got another question, my female pekin has started sitting on her eggs, granted there is like 20+ eggs in there I think. Anyway she spends most of the day off them but before she leaves the nest she has the eggs in little pockets and then covers them up with straw and such from her bedding. Should I just remove the eggs or let her continue to sit on them? The weather here is still in the mid 80's during the day and the lows only get to maybe 55. So what should I do, pull the eggs or let her continue to sit on them?

Okay everyone got another question, my female pekin has started sitting on her eggs, granted there is like 20+ eggs in there I think. Anyway she spends most of the day off them but before she leaves the nest she has the eggs in little pockets and then covers them up with straw and such from her bedding. Should I just remove the eggs or let her continue to sit on them? The weather here is still in the mid 80's during the day and the lows only get to maybe 55. So what should I do, pull the eggs or let her continue to sit on them?

I would let her sit and see how far she gets (and have an incubator ready in case she quits) I would remove some of the eggs my hen had trouble sitting on more than about 18. However it's your choice, only you can make the call.

aren't you afraid to keep them lose like that? You know with animals getting them and such.

Yes! I Only let them out of their pen when 'I'm home to keep an eye on them, always put them in their secure pen at night or anytime I leave the property. They just love their free range time, but they are always ready to go back in their predator proof house and pen at night.

My ducks hate getting in the pen but my two dogs take care of them while we are gone and at night. My geese taunt my lil dog but yet he still protects them with the help of my pit bull.

Back
Top Bottom