Pekin Duck Club!

I have heard that ducks can't use the nipple type waterers. Could this be part of the problem?
Mandy

No maam, they've used them since they were babies and use them fine. They also have a pool though for their "dunking and rinsing"... Even after i brought him in and he ate and drank and got some poultry vitamins We ended up losing him :/

Sorry I missed this post, we lost him the next day
sad.png
Sorry for your loss.

hey everyone I've got a few new questions for yall,

A) my female (LD) has been showing signs of an odd addiction. she's peeling paint of of the shed and our old galvanized steel bird bath..what do we do about this? and why would she be doing this in the first place?

B) I had my mom go out to get Epsom salt, and what she came back with is scented with green tea and chamomile, it doesn't say that it's artificial but I still am asking to be safe, it's for bumblefoot

hey everyone I've got a few new questions for yall,

A) my female (LD) has been showing signs of an odd addiction. she's peeling paint of of the shed and our old galvanized steel bird bath..what do we do about this? and why would she be doing this in the first place?

B) I had my mom go out to get Epsom salt, and what she came back with is scented with green tea and chamomile, it doesn't say that it's artificial but I still am asking to be safe, it's for bumblefoot
If the paint has lead in it that can be serious and deadly. any way you can keep these 2 object shed and birdbath away from her?

And the Epsom salt should be fine for soaking but not ingesting.

For the shed paint - can you put some chicken wire across the bottom of it so she cannot reach the paint? I would be concerned about lead or other metals in the paint. Oh, duckies.

And for the Epsom salt - iffy for using it, since we don't know exatly what is in it and how strong it is. I don't have a really strong feeling about it, though.

Getting Pekins in march !! I have to get 6 because that is nys law I guess :/ but I'm only keeping 2 and selling the other 4. I'm planning on getting females and their coop is going to be 6x4 and their run is 20x20 they're going to be so spoiled lol got any tips for me? This will be my first time raising ducks and I am getting them as ducklings of course.

Getting Pekins in march !! I have to get 6 because that is nys law I guess
hmm.png
but I'm only keeping 2 and selling the other 4. I'm planning on getting females and their coop is going to be 6x4 and their run is 20x20 they're going to be so spoiled lol got any tips for me? This will be my first time raising ducks and I am getting them as ducklings of course.

Wow!

Please take a look at the Raising Ducklings sticky (link in blue at the top of the Duck Forum Index).

I'll try to get back this evening with more....

Back
Top Bottom