Pekin Duck Club!

I have two 6 week old Pekin ducks. They just today are panting and seam warm to me. I've just let them outside during the day and they come in at night..I'm freaking out ..I don't know what to do for them. I'm feeling something is wrong
Do they have access to a shallow tray of water to wade in? Not deep enough to swim in unchaperoned, but enough to cool off.

On March 15, I received an order of ducklings from Metzer Farms of 15 female ducklings, one of which was a Pekin, but I can't help thinking she's a jumbo because of her size and weight. She weighs 9.4 lbs and is not even three months old. Here are some pictures. Her name is Millicent. Any opinions are welcome.
IMG_2195.jpg
IMG_2196.jpg
IMG_2343.jpg
IMG_2353.jpg
IMG_2366.jpg

I have Chatty and Kathy both brooding full time now. Its going to be a really staggered hatch I think. They keep switching eggs and the development is all over the place. Have a small incubator on its way so I can be ready. Should be a couple weeks!

They have almost 30 between the two...

I have two 6 week old Pekin ducks. They just today are panting and seam warm to me. I've just let them outside during the day and they come in at night..I'm freaking out ..I don't know what to do for them. I'm feeling something is wrong
Try giving them a dip in a pool of water, supervised of course. It sounds like they are just hot.

I have two pekins that are 8 weeks old and I am beyond sad to say we lost one last night. I know it is crule to have just one. Jax is a Drake...should I get a baby and introduce them at some point or try to find another Drake around the same age

wondered why we were only getting a couple of eggs a day and then I discovered Mad Gladys is at it again, she has a nest tucked away under the coop with 10 eggs in a neat little bowl of straw.
She seems to spend quite a bit of time out and about with the crazy gang and sleeps inside the coop every night so what are the chances the eggs will be viable ?
19054930_10158790199080183_3111756008751362208_o.jpg

Looks like a couple of good mommies so far. One hatched out of 12 waiting on the rest! Looks like pure Peking but I'm not sure what Muscovy Peking cross babies would look like.
20170619_115758.jpg
20170619_115806.jpg
20170619_091917.jpg

Back
Top Bottom