Pekin Duck Club!

I hope you get real lucky and end up with three ladies and one gent. From the picture, it looked there were three small ones and one big one, so hopefully that's a good sign. ;)

I have a pekin that has broken her wing. I have wrapped it like I did for angel wing and have her separated from the others. About how long should I leave the wing wrapped? I know with angel wing it was only a week or so. I am figuring a couple of weeks, but would like to hear from people who have had broken wings in their ducks.
Thanks!

I'm looking to add 2-3 more females to keep little duck company but am having a hard time finding full grown females. Anyone know of anywhere in Northwest Ohio I could find some?

I have a pekin that has broken her wing. I have wrapped it like I did for angel wing and have her separated from the others. About how long should I leave the wing wrapped? I know with angel wing it was only a week or so. I am figuring a couple of weeks, but would like to hear from people who have had broken wings in their ducks.
Thanks!

I have never had a duck with a broken wing before, but I think 2-3 weeks would be sufficient, depending on how bad the break is.

I'm looking to add 2-3 more females to keep little duck company but am having a hard time finding full grown females. Anyone know of anywhere in Northwest Ohio I could find some?

Craigslist is a good place to start. There are usually ducks in need of good homes up for sale on craigslist.

we have a duck that lives in the river at our vacation home and he/she is alone during the long months when all the vacationers go home. very friendly almost to the point of being aggressive when we all float in the river. I think the duck thinks we are all ducks when we are all floating together. I worry about him/ her being lonely. Things I need to know: can I bring another duck to the river and have them live together... will they bond? does it make a difference if we get a male or a female? I am not sure if it is male or female. when it first showed up it had a noticeably curled tail, but now it is gone. There is a distinct possibility it is a different duck I guess. and if I get a friend for my duck, should it be an adult?

Back
Top Bottom