Pekin Duck Club!

Here are pics of my pekins.....Boys Harmoni & Destiny and 1 Girl, Melody!

Melody.jpg
Ducks.jpg

I have a Black Runner named Harmony and a Blue Swedish named Melody..lol. My Pekin is Butterball cuz she's such a chunky monkey.

Now how is that for a coincidence!:lol: And yes pekins appear to carry a lot of weight, so much they can't even fly.......but don't tell mine that!:)

I had to let you all know I have three pekins 25 weeks old and I wasn't sure if I had boys or girls. Well I got home from work today and guess what I found in their enclosure two eggs. I was so impressed lol. One of the eggs was normal the other one the shell was soft so I guess that one is from one of the ducks who has just started laying as the other one started laying a couple of weeks ago. I now think I have two girls and a boy. How good is that. Sorry to go on but I am thrilled lol. Has anyone else had an egg with a soft shell.

I had to let you all know I have three pekins 25 weeks old and I wasn't sure if I had boys or girls. Well I got home from work today and guess what I found in their enclosure two eggs. I was so impressed lol. One of the eggs was normal the other one the shell was soft so I guess that one is from one of the ducks who has just started laying as the other one started laying a couple of weeks ago. I now think I have two girls and a boy. How good is that. Sorry to go on but I am thrilled lol. Has anyone else had an egg with a soft shell.

I have had quite a few "soft" eggs. A lot of the time I find them in their kiddie pool. From what I have read, it's normal. Just a new girl getting everything working.

Enjoy your ducks, but beware of "duck math". That's where you decide you just HAVE to have 1 more...and one more....and before you know it you got lots! LOL

Back
Top Bottom