Pekin Rouen mix?

We have a Rouen hen, a Rouen drake, and 2 Pekin drakes. Four of the five we hatched look like pretty typical Rouens...
20200531_144112.jpg
But then there's the one in the middle, who has no striping around the eyes, and it's feet are marbled black and orange.

We'll have to wait and see how the others feather, but that one is obviously different already.

We have a Rouen hen, a Rouen drake, and 2 Pekin drakes. Four of the five we hatched look like pretty typical Rouens...
View attachment 2170317
But then there's the one in the middle, who has no striping around the eyes, and it's feet are marbled black and orange.

We'll have to wait and see how the others feather, but that one is obviously different already.
So far she is looking like a typical rouen. She has all her chest feathers, some back feathers, getting wing feathers, and her head feathers. It is confirmed that she is a she.

Your babies are adorable

20200613_235940.jpg

Five headed monster.

I forgot how long it takes ducks to feather.
At least these guys appreciate that I'm the water man and don't run away screaming like the Pekin ducklings (who are a couple weeks older and also have a ways to go to feather).

Hello chickel, we have Rouen Mallard, Peking mix and they are starting to come into their colors and are looking to be very beautiful ducks. I will try to post up some pics for you. :)

20200629_010257.jpg

About a month old. Rouens are getting their brown/black feathers in more and more each day. Seems like the mix is feathering slower, but it's also a bit bigger than the others.

They're still far less panicky than the Pekins, and calm down much faster.

20200713_151658.jpg

6 weeks now, mostly feathered out.
You can see it's got some white on the chest and white toward the end of the wings.

Curious to know if it's a drake or not, but that'll be a while yet. Tried introducing them to the adult ducks...

The Rouen lady looked like she was going to be nasty, but her advance was cut off by amorous drakes, and she decided it would be better to run from them. The two Pekins chased her, the Rouen drake lagged behind. He seemed curious, but when the young ones waddled toward him, he ran off too. Guess he didn't like being outnumbered?

Back
Top Bottom