Pekin Thread! Come and share your pictures and stories :)

chickenbaguette

Songster
8 Years
Jul 2, 2011
Show me your Pekins!
smile.png

Here are my two Pekin bantams, Mint (left) and Parsley (right)
98412_imgp2290.jpg

I know it's a rubbish picture, but they move so fast! I think they were hatched in Spring. They're called Mint and Parsley because they came in fresh herb boxes for mint and parsley xD Minty has already laid two tiny eggs, in early autumn.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
This is Leia, she was an absolute darling.

165-1.jpg

And here is Dowie - her and the red hen used to be best friends.

006.jpg

Unfortunately my little girls got taken by a fox one night. They were my favorite chickens, and am hoping to get more pekins. They used to chatter away to each other all day, and were just delightful to watch.

They were so pretty! I love Leia. I'm very sorry to hear about the fox
sad.png
We're in the middle of building a run for ours, because we can't let them free-range at our new house because of those stupid foxes :L

These are mine
DSCN0028.jpg

Mabel is the Millie Fleur at the front. Betty is the buff & Brick is the black Pekin x Silkie.
They are so lovely, Betty is particularly cuddly
big_smile.png

Your mille fleur and buff ones are like my two! Only mine is buff columbian. Your silkie cross looks so soft!
big_smile.png

I have only a cockeral and aa 12 week old black pullet, I'm in a search for another two Pekins and start a big expanding family of Pekins. They are very handsome, cute and cuddly. It is funny watching Barry try to mount on the LARGE girls, he ends up on the hens back, of course hen is very shocked and starts to run around while Barry is still on her back. It's like waching a cowboy on a horse! oh dear....

Pekins are the best breed!!!!

Here's Barry
100532_img_0075.jpg

Here's the pullet called Pingu
100532_img_0091.jpg

Back
Top Bottom