Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ok, so am I allowed to post my wanted list here to see if you guys have any chicks or know someone who does? I don't have a bator, otherwise I would be happy to hatch out chicks.
smile.png

Of course ~ that is what we are here for!
wink.png

Halo has either a broken or dislocated leg, I told DH the darn ramp was too steep!
On the to do list for tomorrow!
Brought him in and he is drinking and eating like crazy so he didnt get to the feed yesterday, but I like a chicken thats eating and drinking thats for sure. I tried to feel and see if its popped out or something but I dont see or feel anything wrong. poor guy! I think its his hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stACT

Montgomery County (Eastern side of PA)
Just discovered my fellow PA'ers.
frow.gif

My backyard flock consists of 4 buff brahma's and 3 blue splash marans (all hens which just turned 1 yr old). However, I hope to be increasing the flockette with my very first incubated brood. 14 mail ordered blue splash marans eggs...6 piped this morning and as I sit here I hear their first little peeps. How egg-citing!!!
wee.gif
is caused by a bacterium that enters through the porous egg shell and easily kills embryo's and newly hatched chicks. Unfortunately, incubation conditions are ideal for breeding bacteria as well as incubating eggs.
For more information on storing eggs refer to Recommendations for hatching egg handling and storage

Is it Fertile or Infertile?

To check the fertility, simply break an egg in a bowl. Find the white spot on the yolk. If you do not, use a spoon to gently flip the yolk over until you find it.

If the egg is fertile, the white mark will be nearly perfectly round and in the center it will be yellow;
it will resemble a donut. If it is infertile, the white mark will not be very round, and in most cases, smaller than that of the fertile mark. If the egg is not fertile, the 'white mark' is called a "blastodisc". If the egg is fertile, the 'white mark' it is called a "blastoderm", and this means that cell division, because of fertilization, occurred.
A link with more pics of fertile vs Non Eggs! https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/16008/how-to-tell-a-fertile-vs-infertile-egg-pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUNT KAT

e
OK, Look what I did. I said I was gonna stick with Chickens, but TSC had Khaki Campbells, and I have been wanting them for a long time, just always missed the boat on finding some. So happy!!! Gonna spoil them rotten!!!
love.gif
celebrate.gif
YAY!!

[COLOR=0000FF]Of course ~ that is what we are here for! [/COLOR]
wink.png
Yay! Thanks! Ok, so I really only want one pulley of each kind, however I understand most are sold strait run as chicks, so if I have to get "extras" I will. The List: Silkie- any color but white please. :) Cochin- not sure on color or type in these so anything pretty. :) Legbars - just heard about this breed thanks to the wonderful people of this site. Lol Polish- any color or variation is fine. Swedish flower hen- h&h will have some. They just don't know when yet. They have a young flock.

And sorry these took so long to post.. Life and it's drama!! But here are the girls! all settled in! And my first 13 eggs!

Aren't they beautiful!!!! Thank you WING!!!!!

her is a candid coop shoot!!

This is Tully! She is my Parrot chicken!! Loves to jump on you, but don't try to pet her when standing she just runs away!! lol Silly Girl!! Also, her eggs have been missing ever since my one girl Orincia Passed away.. I am so confused, do birds stop laying if one of their friends pass away? any thoughts? I was thinking of putting her in a different location kinda on her own for a day or 2 and see if she lays, but not sure?I know she would hide them, and if she is, she is doing a great job!

Styx keeping guard I guess.. ( also is it normal, my other 2 Roos, hide behind the nesting box, they get chased around when they come out)

Again my new girls, looks the their feathers are filling in again Since, as wing put it, her Roosters where having "fun" LOL in the front right you can also see my girl, Rosie a BLRW, she never laying in the boxes, and buries her eggs in the hay.. lol

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Si
LL
Halo has either a broken or dislocated leg, I told DH the darn ramp was too steep! On the to do list for tomorrow! Brought him in and he is drinking and eating like crazy so he didnt get to the feed yesterday, but I like a chicken thats eating and drinking thats for sure. I tried to feel and see if its popped out or something but I dont see or feel anything wrong. poor guy! I think its his hip.
So sorry! Hope he is ok!

And sorry these took so long to post.. Life and it's drama!! But here are the girls! all settled in! And my first 13 eggs!

Aren't they beautiful!!!! Thank you WING!!!!!

her is a candid coop shoot!!

This is Tully! She is my Parrot chicken!! Loves to jump on you, but don't try to pet her when standing she just runs away!! lol Silly Girl!! Also, her eggs have been missing ever since my one girl Orincia Passed away.. I am so confused, do birds stop laying if one of their friends pass away? any thoughts? I was thinking of putting her in a different location kinda on her own for a day or 2 and see if she lays, but not sure?I know she would hide them, and if she is, she is doing a great job!

Styx keeping guard I guess.. ( also is it normal, my other 2 Roos, hide behind the nesting box, they get chased around when they come out)

Again my new girls, looks the their feathers are filling in again Since, as wing put it, her Roosters where having "fun" LOL in the front right you can also see my girl, Rosie a BLRW, she never laying in the boxes, and buries her eggs in the hay.. lol

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
yippiechickie.gif
pretty birdies!

Back
Top Bottom