Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Lost a hen today. It makes me so sad. I wish this heatwave would go away. It looks like she just fell over in mid stride while she was walking. Poor thing!!!
Good Lord, does that happen? Was she young and healthy? My chickens have been hot as h*!! too. I'm giving them frozen fruit and ice water, but maybe it's not enough. The fruit and ice doesn't last all day!! I keep wishing I could throw them in the pool. Poor babies.

Hello everyone! I'm new here and to raising chickens. We recently lost 4 to what we believe is a raccoon. We made some modifications to the run and so far no more casualties. I'm looking to buy more chicks but can't find a local breeder. I'm surrounded by farms and keep coming up empty. Any breeders in Allegheny or Washington County?

I'm excited to chat with everyone and soak up as much information as possible.

My Peeps, wish I could help you out but I'm far away. However, Welcome to the PA thread and
welcome-byc.gif

Hello everyone! I'm new here and to raising chickens. We recently lost 4 to what we believe is a raccoon. We made some modifications to the run and so far no more casualties. I'm looking to buy more chicks but can't find a local breeder. I'm surrounded by farms and keep coming up empty. Any breeders in Allegheny or Washington County?

Welcome!!!! Are you on the East side of the state? I am near Hershey, and Harrisburg............... I am not sure if that helps. I can let you know what I have, but what are you looking for???

Lost a hen today. It makes me so sad. I wish this heatwave would go away. It looks like she just fell over in mid stride while she was walking. Poor thing!!!
AAAWWW, I am so sorry to hear about your loss!! This heat is pretty brutal... I heard frozen watermelon is great for them... just freeze some rinds and throw em out to em... the added water in the watermelon and the coldness apparently help... obviously you know more than I do though! Hope the rest of your flock fares better!

Try this again, BF unplugged me when I was trying to send!

Heather, sorry for your loss! I know they all hurt.

mama2/gardening, I am contemplating getting DE for the run, I use Sweet PDZ (get at TSC) in the coop to keep moisture/smell down.

MyPeeps, Welcome! I'm not near you, so not sure who is...You could read this thread (I know it's daunting) to find someone close, that's what I did! Good luck, chickens are an addiction!

Shelbear, DE Diatomaceous Earth. Basically ground up fossilized sea creature shells. You have to make sure you use food grade, you can usually find it at your feed mill. I'm gonna have to check at mine...cause they bug me in the run as well!

what are you looking for, i'm in westmoreland county, i have a few lav.orpingtons

Back
Top Bottom