Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

No fox slippers for me yet. I have to get a Great Pyrenees, I just can not commit. Our youngest is coming up on a birthday. She asked for a cow, think I can give her a dog instead? She says 'a milk cow, not a beef cow, and get me a girl so she can have babies'. What she should be asking for is a BARN. We got no where to keep a cow. Cow's are a little out of our league just yet. Of course I'm thinking about how I may just be able to fit it in my car.... And once I get it home, we'll figure it out from there.

Blarney- There are miniature holsteins.... I'm sure a mini holstein calf would fit in most cars!!!!
big_smile.png
How cute are these!!

Blarney- There are miniature holsteins.... I'm sure a mini holstein calf would fit in most cars!!!!
big_smile.png
How cute are these!!
Yes Blarney, a miniature cow is the way to go. LOL. I want some so bad. But I can't have any at this time ):
Goats are always good outside pets. Remember though, you need at least 2 and goats don't like to get wet, so they will need a good shelter.

Oh, gee.Now i REALLY want a cow!
I could have had a full sized cow, but the minis are even better. I will have to do some research. Any downsides such as health problems or low life expectancy from being miniaturized?

Galgo! That is the coolest ever!! Can you say 'enabler'? I did say we don't have a barn, but I neglected to mention that we do not even have a fence! Although a mini might be the way to go for us as we are newbies. I suppose they are hard to find though. I saw calfs going for under $100 at Green Dragon. Our friends have some kind of miniature milk goats. I'm going to check out her set up and see if maybe that's for us.

Everyone surviving this heat? I did put all the chooks out this morning, so they could ramble around in the shade. We've been keeping our broodys cool, this broodyiness is a bit like the plague, once one goes broody, they ALL go broody. I'm letting 3 hatch eggs, but am beside myself making sure these girls are cool. Hosing off the pigs every half hour... and am going to take the kiddies to the Y pool to cool off. Having pizza as oven repair guy is not due till Monday. Crock pot dinner tomorrow for sure!

I'm hating this heat too!! Many times I come out of the house bearing frozen goodies and ice blocks and such.. I feel horrible even walking outside empty handed. The entire flock leaves their shady hideaway to run to me and find nothing. GUILT, GUILT!!! I took spring for granted for sure.

[COLOR=0000FF]Galgo!  That is the coolest ever!!  Can you say 'enabler'?  I did say we don't have a barn, but I neglected to mention that we do not even have a fence!  Although a mini might be the way to go for us as we are newbies.  I suppose they are hard to find though.  I saw calfs going for under $100 at Green Dragon.  Our friends have some kind of miniature milk goats.  I'm going to check out her set up and see if maybe that's for us.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]Everyone surviving this heat?  I did put all the chooks out this morning, so they could ramble around in the shade.  We've been keeping our broodys cool, this broodyiness is a bit like the plague, once one goes broody, they ALL go broody.  I'm letting 3 hatch eggs, but am beside myself making sure these girls are cool.  Hosing off the pigs every half hour... and am going to take the kiddies to the Y pool to cool off.  Having pizza as oven repair guy is not due till Monday.  Crock pot dinner tomorrow for sure![/COLOR]

Yup...a new craze has hit. I saw this and had to start researching. The problem is once I start to research, he has a hard time saying no. So I will aim for spring! I wonder if anyone local breeds them? I'd love to pick one up. Do need to know how to keep it in milk though, and I know that will require inseminating it from time to time...just don't know how often!

I love my sebrights...they look like stained glass

Pictures please?

And Missy, what is the name os the feed that you listed ingredients for, or is this ground for you at a mill?

Momma2my4: I have MF Bantam Cochins, I thought you already had those?

We have a broody due to hatch out her eggs this week. I need to build a brooder and SOON!

Back
Top Bottom