Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, my little piper never made it out of the shell. I am so bummed. I kinda freaked out when I saw the pip (wasn't expecting it) and I think I amy have raised the humidity too high too fast. I so hope the others hatch!
are you sure its "gone" sometimes they don't move or peep but are still there just waiting for the yolk to withdraw inside, bad thing about that, the shell and membrane tends to dry out and stick to the chick and you have to help them out.

are you sure its "gone" sometimes they don't move or peep but are still there just waiting for the yolk to withdraw inside, bad thing about that, the shell and membrane tends to dry out and stick to the chick and you have to help them out.

x2!!!! Just did this two weeks ago for the first time. Almost everyone that pipped did nothing else for almost 24 hrs. I was a nervous wreck, then all of a sudden 1 came out, then 2, they came out so quick I missed a couple just running to the grocery store. Ironically, the first egg I saw moving was the last to hatch, almost 2 full days late. Don't give up hope. As for the humidity, I did that all wrong too. Mine skyrocketed to 85 & 90% during the whole hatch. I kept opening the windows to dry it out, the hatched chicks were drenched, it was ridiculous. They all hatched and are great (1 never hatched, but didn't develop right, so hatch conditions weren't a factor).
NOTE: I am in no way saying to hatch as I hatched, just making the point that even in the worst of conditions success is possible. LOL!!
wee.gif

Yes. It was dead. I cracked the rest of the egg of this morning and it was stiff. :(

Back
Top Bottom