Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Pictures please?
And Missy, what is the name os the feed that you listed ingredients for, or is this ground for you at a mill?
Momma2my4: I have MF Bantam Cochins, I thought you already had those?
We have a broody due to hatch out her eggs this week. I need to build a brooder and SOON!

Oh Blarney, Why did you have to say that??? My incubator is open and would LOVE to have some of your MF Bantam Cochin eggs. I'm gonna PM you.

Last edited:
I have some D'Uccles if anyone is interested? A few pairs but the cockerels are YOUNG!

Golden-necked and Mille Fleur available! I also have hatching eggs from them as well.

PeakyBeak, are you Nittany Wyandottes from Craigslist?

I use Dr. Tracey Moussa. She is between Hummelstown and Harrisburg. She is very knowledgeable, and very compassionate. Just look up ABC clinic. If you can't find it I can PM you the info. You can contact us here anytime. My profile has my website listed, and my contact info is on there.

I took my hen to Dr Moussa about a year and a half ago for bumblefoot, She seemed very nice and prescribed an antibiotic and anti-imflammatory. After 3-4 days on these meds, I noticed my hen had lost weight, and became so weak she would hardly stand up. I tried calling Dr Moussa for help, and had to leave messages on her voice mail. She never returned my calls. I finally spoke with a person on my fourth call. Dr Moussa did not come to the phone, but had this other person tell me she could not help me further and that I should take my hen somewhere else. Luckily I found an avian vet at the VCA Smoketown Animal Hospital, and all turned out well. Maybe others have luck with Dr Moussa, but I do not recommend her after what we experienced.

I took my hen to Dr Moussa about a year and a half ago for bumblefoot, She seemed very nice and prescribed an antibiotic and anti-imflammatory. After 3-4 days on these meds, I noticed my hen had lost weight, and became so weak she would hardly stand up. I tried calling Dr Moussa for help, and had to leave messages on her voice mail. She never returned my calls. I finally spoke with a person on my fourth call. Dr Moussa did not come to the phone, but had this other person tell me she could not help me further and that I should take my hen somewhere else. Luckily I found an avian vet at the VCA Smoketown Animal Hospital, and all turned out well. Maybe others have luck with Dr Moussa, but I do not recommend her after what we experienced.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion. There is so few vets that will see chickens in the area, I hope this will not hinder others from using Dr. Moussa. The reason you probably could not get in touch with her is she is usually in surgery. I don't know the length of time it took between the 1st and 4th call. If you listen to her message there is a cell phone number for emergencies. She was being honest about not being able to fully help you. She does not have access to a lab for diagnostics. So if your hen required that, it could be why she said that. She will have her vet-tec be the go between if she is doing surgeries or sterile procedures and cannot touch the phone. The antibiotics and anti-inflammatory might have been in her opinion the correct remedy. Being a vet is not an exact science. I could take a chicken to the place you recommend, the chicken could not get better, I then take her to Dr. Moussa and she could fix her. It is subjective. Vets are not able to ask there patients about pain, symptoms, etc.....................

Everyone is entitled to there opinion. There is so few vets that will see chickens in the area, I hope this will not hinder others from using Dr. Moussa. The reason you probably could not get in touch with her is she is usually in surgery. I don't know the length of time it took between the 1st and 4th call. If you listen to her message there is a cell phone number for emergencies. She was being honest about not being able to fully help you. She does not have access to a lab for diagnostics. So if your hen required that, it could be why she said that. She will have her vet-tec be the go between if she is doing surgeries or sterile procedures and cannot touch the phone. The antibiotics and anti-inflammatory might have been in her opinion the correct remedy. Being a vet is not an exact science. I could take a chicken to the place you recommend, the chicken could not get better, I then take her to Dr. Moussa and she could fix her. It is subjective. Vets are not able to ask there patients about pain, symptoms, etc.....................

Each to his own. Best of luck to you and your chickens.

My polish are hatching!!! We were without power last week for 15 hours and I thought for sure I had lost all of my eggs. Went to lock them down tonight (day 18) and one is pipped already!! I have 19 eggs in there, mostly polish, one silkie (home grown) one maran and one EE. Hoping she is out by morning!

Oh Yay!! Thank you for posting that pic, Mama. What a spirit lifter.

I've got chicks hatching under a broody (two days early!). I worked all day on a new brooder for her, heard. no peeps tonight when I checked, hope everything is going ok.

Well, my little piper never made it out of the shell. I am so bummed. I kinda freaked out when I saw the pip (wasn't expecting it) and I think I amy have raised the humidity too high too fast. I so hope the others hatch!

Congrats and best wishes to both of you, Mama & Blarney,
fl.gif
. The wait is on!!! Post pics when they are all out.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom