Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

really? take some pics of him now and then when you see it again! strange, sometimes they get bit with bugs?????

I have some of him from yesterday (when he was fine). Nothing today...I'll try to do it when it's happening again. Perhaps it's bugs...he is in a barn...
hu.gif

If you are looking for a good dual purpose breed you might want to check out Buckeyes. Great dual purpose and are cold weather hardy and also they handle hot weather very well. Breed is also very gentle and will follow you around.

Here is a pic of what a Cock would look like.

I am looking to work with this breed, havig trouble finding local stock that looks good...
He is gorgeous,,,,If yours and you also have hen's,,,we need to talk..

with you on this one,,,afraid My opinions would come off as really cold hearted ...being raised with this lifestyle makes me think differently ...I have no problem with putting food on the table..
This is the first time I've done anything other than hunting and gardening to put food on the table. But I've always wanted enough of a farm to keep my family fed. Thankfully my fiance is fine with it, and willing to have the same thing.
I still wonder what they'll say/do when I get the other food animals I want, so far they've just about given up chicken. They've said if I get a turkey, they'd never eat it... They're fine with the eggs, but nothing else. I just don't get it
being-confused-smiley-emoticon.gif

If you are looking for a good dual purpose breed you might want to check out Buckeyes. Great dual purpose and are cold weather hardy and also they handle hot weather very well. Breed is also very gentle and will follow you around.

Here is a pic of what a Cock would look like.

He's so lovely!!! We love our girl Roo and I want to add some more buckeyes so she's not the only one in the flock.

So this is what I find when I'm taking a load of wash out to hang out:

Coming back in from hanging them I find this:

Gavin was nice enough to give Ginger a fresh bowl of water after she chased the ducks out of it.
ETA: does anyone know how to kill leaches without hurting the ducks and chickens? I found some in the pool, I'm sure they're from the d*** garden pond my mother just had to have when they were living in this house...I'm finally "allowed" to dismantle it (I told her either it goes or she pays to have someone clean it, replace the lines, and pump) but it's slow going with the crap going on with me health wise.

Last edited:
Quote: I have a few relatives that think home grown food is gross,,,,,,I have n the past cooked one of mine and a store bought for them,,,only I miss labeled them on the table....they thought it was great,,,only a few people knew what happened, only because they said they could taste the difference..I don't think they were ever told..

Hello all we've been super busy lately and I just got caught up here. My poulets are making hen noises and squatting Yay! so I should have lots of eggs soon. My two best layers went broody they are fighting over who gets which eggs because they both prefer the same nest box :( My banty hen is off her nest today with 5 peeps she hatched (pics to come). Got the guinea keets all moved to the grow out run/tractor. Turkeys moved into the newly built tractor. Now I have an empty brooder which means lord knows what I will bring home next.... Happy 4th of July!!!

I have a few relatives that think home grown food is gross,,,,,,I have n the past cooked one of mine and a store bought for them,,,only I miss labeled them on the table....they thought it was great,,,only a few people knew what happened, only because they said they could taste the difference..I don't think they were ever told..
Gavin and I certainly could taste the difference when I cooked up the one meaty. He doesn't want store bought ever again, same with the chicken eggs once he had some fresh ones. Unfortunately I only bought the 4 Cornish Xs and need to wait before I buy more. I'm tempted to try out your experiment with the Red Rangers and Delawares though, those are two breeds I want to get eventually anyway.

Back
Top Bottom