Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Isn't infectious bronchitis... infectious?

I am not disputing your actions, I am actually just wondering why.

I'm not culling her because this is a virus and will clear up on it's own. She's actually getting better from a few days ago. She and my other birds will be carriers but they're just pets. I'm not breeding them, and I really like her. She's so nice and I just don't see a reason to cull her unless she starts rapidly declining and it's actually not IB.

..,OMG!!!
ep.gif
..I hope your eye heals well!! Hopefully he gave you some antibiotics to put on it.!...Your animal pics are beautiful, your duck looks like a sweet heart
love.gif
...Do male turkeys usually sit on eggs? .....good luck at the farm show!! ..
So far I only have one slight red blotch thing and other then that I am ok.. just random pain here and there.. Medicated eye drops 3x daily 5 days... I keep forgetting lol.

And I asked a few people that come in at work and they say no.. LOL. I asked previous owner and he LOLed and can't believe it! LOL!!

And thanks.. she is she love eggs haha

Where are you located?

Benton, PA

I'm not culling her because this is a virus and will clear up on it's own. She's actually getting better from a few days ago. She and my other birds will be carriers but they're just pets. I'm not breeding them, and I really like her. She's so nice and I just don't see a reason to cull her unless she starts rapidly declining and it's actually not IB.

It'll spread, that's why the "why not?".

silkie,

That is awesome about the house. I hope it works out. I know you put some work into the house you're in right now. Will you get anything back out of it?

Sooooo the new coop isn't finished but it is close enough that we moved the chickens last night. My hubby let them free range today and they all went back to the old coop. The babies went back to the garage and were confused that their cage wasn't there. No more free ranging for awhile so they remember where home is!!

Tomorrow I will post pictures of the old coop and run. I'm willing to part with it for a trade. I'm interested in silkie, serama, frizzles and any dark brown, green or blue egg layers. I also have some crates that I planned on using for broody's, and any birds that need isolation. I'm located 30 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, near the Westmoreland county line.

I'm down to 16 birds and I'm getting NO eggs!! I'm so frustrated right now.

I'm ordering the water nipples so hubby can set something up. Any tips? I also want a better system for feeding them. Advice? I would like to put the feed in from the outside, since every time I go in the run they attack the door to get out.

LOL... good point, guess I'm just used to having the tools handy so I don't think of it as being 'more' involved.

Fisher:

I have two of every tool ever made in my garage,,,but I've found every project requires two trips to HD and three trips to the garage to get the 'right tool'...now my goto's are tie wraps and duck tape...

Back
Top Bottom