Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: waterfowl swap on byc...it is mostly duck eggs
I find the scovies to be less fatty, giving off less grease while cooking, they grow just as large and fast....I also like the personality better, I find the pekin to be flighty like a leghorn....it is really just a personal preference,

ooops I gotta read that again.............its NOT like the one hen lays different colors.................ohhhhhhh shucks that would have been fun.

So its a roll of the dice...............you just wait until laying time and see what you get..............right?

The Waterfowl Swap chain is now for waterfowl & gamebirds. Basically you can offer anything but chicken eggs as your 1st offer. You can offer chicken after as a 2nd offer. (I run the swap.)

Ivermectin-I have no clue if paste can even be used on poultry. You need the pour on. Use a syrynge (no needle) to spread the dose under wings, on back of neck & near vent. Dosages are as follows:
Large fowl .5ml
Bantams & juvenile large fowl .25ml
Chicks just a drop on back of neck
Personally, I don't discard eggs after treatment. Ivermectin is used to treat worms in humans too so is not harmful in the low doses eggs would contain.

Last edited:
ooops I gotta read that again.............its NOT like the one hen lays different colors.................ohhhhhhh shucks that would have been fun.

So its a roll of the dice...............you just wait until laying time and see what you get..............right?

Haha sorry! And yeah you cannot tell by earlobe color or anything like that. Just gotta wait and see. Some EEs even lay white and brown eggs so that would be a bummer.

The Waterfowl Swap chain is now for waterfowl & gamebirds. Basically you can offer anything but chicken eggs as your 1st offer. You can offer chicken after as a 2nd offer. (I run the swap.)

Ivermectin-I have no clue if paste can even be used on poultry. You need the pour on. Use a syrynge (no needle) to spread the dose under wings, on back of neck & near vent. Dosages are as follows:
Large fowl .5ml
Bantams & juvenile large fowl .25ml
Chicks just a drop on back of neck
Personally, I don't discard eggs after treatment. Ivermectin is used to treat worms in humans too so is not harmful in the low doses eggs would contain.
Awh, that sucks!
And wait you can apply it externally to treat for internal parasites?!

Haha sorry! And yeah you cannot tell by earlobe color or anything like that. Just gotta wait and see. Some EEs even lay white and brown eggs so that would be a bummer.

The Waterfowl Swap chain is now for waterfowl

Awh, that sucks!
And wait you can apply it externally to treat for internal parasites?!

Yes, it absorbs through the skin.

I only have 1 white egger, a black sumatra. Her eggs have been hatching well. I had several of hers hatch in this batch. Her babies are likely to lay light blue or green or a pink with the roos that are over her.

Last edited:
My hen's only a year old and she stopped laying for the season! She isn't even old enough to molt yet. I have 2. One's molting and the other's not laying. Anyone else's do this. Kinda dissappointed because I only eat their eggs, I refuse to eat store bought.
I have several 10 month old chickens that are molting and 2 hens that molted in July are now molting again. This last year has been a hard year for chickens.

Brandy, I don't see anything wrong. Telly us what you see & maybe we can help.

Wing: All I have laying right now are rouens. Probably pure but mules possible because they are penned with the scovies while we get ready to move. Think I have aprox 18 eggs out there from the last week & a half. Have not checked fertility. They are young. I can set a batch if you want them but you will need to take any that hatch. I don' t do ducklings in winter. Tons of rainbow eggs available.

2 EE roos & a cream legbar boy coveribg assorted hens, no 2 hens the same.
This right here is exactly what I am dreaming of. A huge assortment of colorful eggs. So far we've got my little White Leghorn and my husband's Gold Sebright. They started laying on Wed. And since then it's been an egg a day except for the Sebright taking Friday off. I can't imagine she's going to continue to lay every day. I'd swear she's competing with the Leghorn. XD I am dreaming of a day sometime soon when my 2 EE's the 2 Orpingtons, Welsummer, Speckled Sussex, and the other Sebright, a Silver start contributing as well. Now if I can just find a nice Black Copper Marans hen I'll be the happiest little chicken momma in the world. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom