Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Mixed breeds can be very pretty! On the farm we have lots of mixed up chickens all free ranging together. One roo is beautiful to people, but no hens ever seem to join him. He's much tamer than most and will let me get almost close enough to touch. I was not aware he was so close one day when watching some chicks, until he crowed from about 3 feet away. Then he sat back down. Every few minutes he would rise up and crow again, before sitting back down to rest. I took some pics of him and I think he liked it. At least he's the best poser I've got.

Here he is mid-crow

He's got a beautiful golden barred cape. It's a shame he's won't breed true, I think that would be a popular color. It would probably be auto-sexing too, with the barring and wild type colors.

Now sitting down for a rest after belting out a good one

Mixed breeds can be very pretty! On the farm we have lots of mixed up chickens all free ranging together. One roo is beautiful to people, but no hens ever seem to join him. He's much tamer than most and will let me get almost close enough to touch. I was not aware he was so close one day when watching some chicks, until he crowed from about 3 feet away. Then he sat back down. Every few minutes he would rise up and crow again, before sitting back down to rest. I took some pics of him and I think he liked it. At least he's the best poser I've got.

Here he is mid-crow

He's got a beautiful golden barred cape. It's a shame he's won't breed true, I think that would be a popular color. It would probably be auto-sexing too, with the barring and wild type colors.

He is really beautiful.

Mixed breeds can be very pretty! On the farm we have lots of mixed up chickens all free ranging together. One roo is beautiful to people, but no hens ever seem to join him. He's much tamer than most and will let me get almost close enough to touch. I was not aware he was so close one day when watching some chicks, until he crowed from about 3 feet away. Then he sat back down. Every few minutes he would rise up and crow again, before sitting back down to rest. I took some pics of him and I think he liked it. At least he's the best poser I've got. Here he is mid-crow He's got a beautiful golden barred cape. It's a shame he's won't breed true, I think that would be a popular color. It would probably be auto-sexing too, with the barring and wild type colors. Now sitting down for a rest after belting out a good one
OMGoodness! He is a stunner!!

I don't care about any pot of gold. I'm just glad it's finally Springtime in PA!
wee.gif
beautiful

Here he is mid-crow

I do love the coloring! Very striking!

Back
Top Bottom