Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Freeport's about a half hour for me. Like someone else said, what do you have and what do you want? I can offer you some black mottled bantam cochins :) I have two cockerels and a pullet. The roo is the best one I've ever had, and I plan to keep his offspring in my flock for as long as I possibly can. Never once have I had to watch my back around him,

I have 1 australorp, 1 barred rock and 2 laced Wyandotte. I am open to really any cold hardy breeds, I am worried how bantams would do with my full grown full size hens. I have no experience but I was thinking the big ones would bully the small ones??

What a nice group! All big, classic, round hens. My flock is all different sizes, and they get along perfectly fine. They understand the pecking order. Plus, my bantams are on the bigger side of bantam. My rooster is *almost* as big as my RIR mix hen. He's a total sweetheart. I could sell you the pair. :)

Edit: the pair is 7 or 8 weeks old

Last edited:
What a nice group! All big, classic, round hens. My flock is all different sizes, and they get along perfectly fine. They understand the pecking order. Plus, my bantams are on the bigger side of bantam. My rooster is *almost* as big as my RIR mix hen. He's a total sweetheart. I could sell you the pair. :)

I am interested but I would not be ready for them for another month. I wouldn't expect you to hold them for me.

I'll throw this out a tad prematurely, since everyone is going over birds available and bird wish lists (me!)----I'm going to be in the market for Swedish Flower Hen eggs in September/October. We are going to be hatching some buff orp eggs at that time too for the people we got our hens from (and for my kids' 4H projects) and we will be keeping the SFH for ourselves. So if anyone has SFH and would be willing to sell me some hatching eggs this fall, I'm your gal!!

Plaid:

I think CC near Lancaster has a large flock of SFs...might be worth a PM?

I am interested but I would not be ready for them for another month. I wouldn't expect you to hold them for me.

Well there won't be any more swaps until August 3rd.
1f60f.png
Or I/you can always hatch some in spring. :)

Last edited:
Ever have one of those evenings?
th.gif
I showered around four, and again 3 hours later (I had a hair treatment in). I went to collect eggs about fifteen minutes later. I saw the one pen of turkeys needed water. I went to fill their water, and while putting the base back on, I was showered with liquid fertilizer that I hadn't noticed in the base.
sickbyc.gif
I guess I should add that I was doing this above my head.
So, back into the house, and try to get the dogs out of my way without touching them or getting crap on anything. I am happy to say I am kinda clean now. The dogs needed out, and that meant walking through the grass which I am convinced is crawling with slugs out to kill me.
hide.gif

Ever have one of those evenings?:th I showered around four, and again 3 hours later (I had a hair treatment in). I went to collect eggs about fifteen minutes later. I saw the one pen of turkeys needed water. I went to fill their water, and while putting the base back on, I was showered with liquid fertilizer that I hadn't noticed in the base.:sick I guess I should add that I was doing this above my head.
So, back into the house, and try to get the dogs out of my way without touching them or getting crap on anything. I am happy to say I am kinda clean now. The dogsneeded out, and that meant walking through the grass which I am convinced is crawling with slugs out to kill me. :oops:

Ew about the fertilizer in the hair. And whats this about dogS? Wait, maybe you told me. Or maybe not. I'm gonna go look through my PMs.

Thank you for the welcome!!
big_smile.png
I've got family in that area as well. I have fond memories of Jimmytown :) Especially lunch on the lake from Johnny's lunch. My all time favorite hotdogs!!

ETA: I was always bound and determined to recreate Johnny's secret sauce! Epic fail lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom