Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

[COLOR=0000FF]We are headed out in the cold and up to Harrisburg, I can practically taste the cheese cubes already![/COLOR]

Huh? Cheese cubes? What are you up too? LOL! :idunno

Farm show! Although I never got my cheese cubes. :(

Anyone else going to farm show?

I was part of that crowd today, wow!! I don't normally go the first Saturday, in order to avoid the crowds.

I was looking at some new breeds to consider.............

silver laced spitzhauben and

cream crested legbars..............

they just crack me up.................in their appearance.

funny looking and pretty at the same time...........

has anyone ever had either of these?

I was looking at some new breeds to consider.............

silver laced spitzhauben and

cream crested legbars..............

they just crack me up.................in their appearance.

funny looking and pretty at the same time...........

has anyone ever had either of these?
ooops

I do like the cream crested legbars..........................but I wanted to say.............cream crested brabanters!

So far I have 3 trays of empire apples and a tray of pumpkin/apple/coconut fruit leather. I'm heading back to the garage to check the bins. I think I have 5 asian pears left from our harvest. Gonna check if any of our long keeping apples are soft, throw them on too.

We've been looking at one for a long time. My little Nesco has been used hard.

@LMP, I always do my bone broth in the crockpot. I usually have a chicken pot going and beef pot. Low/med for atleast 2 days.
thumbsup.gif

Crockpot would work great, I only have small one's so stove top is needed here......
My daughter is dehydrating a lot lately, she recently did a chicken jerky that was very good.
Thank you two!..being able to use the crock is essential..i can't imagine keeping the stove going for two-days! Then doing up meat birds in the summer ..the crock pot is my best friend!
@LittleMissPurdy There is no talking to this particular neighbor. He came over once in October when we were trying to get water & electric going. He was very rude. His wife drives by yelling out her car window. They are a problem to every person living on this section of the road. I was warned about them by the landlord & every neighbor. They are just the type of people who like to cause problems for others.
I am so sorry you have to endure this. Positive thoughts for you and your family..i tryuly hope thigns start to turn around for you.
Don't most of us have a petting zoo in our own yards by now?
hide.gif
. We've got two parrots, a dog and 8 chickens and two baby chicks, around this forum, that's small potatoes...
Can we talk about bone broth? What are the benefits? Is it tasty? Never heard of it before except on this forum.

*edited for auto correct.
haha, yeah ,petting zoo...and you didn't even factor in the two legged creatures roaming around
wink.png
You made an excellent choice. We have had an Excaliber for several years now and have used it a lot. We have the 5 tray.
see...you got the gold there hendricks!!
wink.png
I have been coveting those buggers for some time now...have only heard good things about them, and now another..
I have a small dehydrator & am very happy with what it does for what it is...I think you may have the same small one too.(hendricks)
Hi guys, sorta off topic. Remember when I surprised my little sister with a frizzle serama chick this past Easter? (probably not) Well, at 37 weeks old (about 9 months) she laid er first egg today! It was sooo tiny and cute!

Comparison next to one of our eggs and a store bought egg. It's weird though, she hatched from a white egg, and she lays creamish brown.
thumbsup.gif
......nice egg!!
I started making bone broth a few years ago when I went low carb and made lifestyle changes after some medical issues. The natural/holistic websites talked about it so I started researching.

All three of us drink a cup everyday. I've noticed less illness over the past year. Our hair and nails grow like crazy. Less aching joints. Me personally, I've noticed less digestive issues and with IBS and a gluten sensitivity my system is a mess.

Here's a good link:
http://doctorauer.com/benefits-of-bone-broth/
"gelatin"...good for you stuff..like taking a glucosamine & chondroitin pill for the joints.
I have digestive issues also, one being I can not eat meat...I would love to do this,(bone broth), am going to for everyone else..just a bit concerned about what it may do/cause with my issues
hu.gif
..I can digest gelatin without too much issue, so I am hopeful the body can handle this broth.

Farm show! Although I never got my cheese cubes.
sad.png

I was part of that crowd today, wow!! I don't normally go the first Saturday, in order to avoid the crowds.

that is incredible!!
clap.gif
...hope you had a good time!!..even with the crowds..
I am going Monday with my sister and mother. She is getting her Keystone Degree, she is in FFA. I have never went before. They have, and say it is really fun.
you will enjoy it! so much to see & smell..hahha
wink.png
Well that explains the frigid weather and the wintery mix predicted for Monday. We ALWAYS have cold miserable weather farm show week. Always.
he.gif
tongue.png
always is right!!

@ Free Feather, have a great time! I always bring a water bottle because the drinks are outrageously priced. $3.50 for a soda. The milkshakes are $4, but worth every penny as they are magical.

@LMP. You're going to breed your pup!? Wow! That's exciting stuff there, missy. I'm happy for you.

Howdy:

Got home from work today and found my buff orp killed by a predator...I believe she was pulled off the roost as I found some feathers near the coop door....and, I found her, sans head and neck one the other side of the yard.....I'm thinking racoon....I know there have been some around the neighborhood, but this is the first time for having one in my backyard....time to start locking down coops...do you think #6 is too small for racoon?

Howdy:

Got home from work today and found my buff orp killed by a predator...I believe she was pulled off the roost as I found some feathers near the coop door....and, I found her, sans head and neck one the other side of the yard.....I'm thinking racoon....I know there have been some around the neighborhood, but this is the first time for having one in my backyard....time to start locking down coops...do you think #6 is too small for racoon?
6 lb chicken or 6 lb Raccoon?

Back
Top Bottom