Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So far I have 3 trays of empire apples and a tray of pumpkin/apple/coconut fruit leather. I'm heading back to the garage to check the bins. I think I have 5 asian pears left from our harvest. Gonna check if any of our long keeping apples are soft, throw them on too.

We've been looking at one for a long time. My little Nesco has been used hard.

@LMP, I always do my bone broth in the crockpot. I usually have a chicken pot going and beef pot. Low/med for atleast 2 days.

So far I have 3 trays of empire apples and a tray of pumpkin/apple/coconut fruit leather. I'm heading back to the garage to check the bins. I think I have 5 asian pears left from our harvest. Gonna check if any of our long keeping apples are soft, throw them on too.

@LMP, I always do my bone broth in the crockpot. I usually have a chicken pot going and beef pot. Low/med for atleast 2 days.

Crockpot would work great, I only have small one's so stove top is needed here......
My daughter is dehydrating a lot lately, she recently did a chicken jerky that was very good.

wow! I want to do fruit drying too!
I read about it................thats all I know about it.................please keep sharing...........

can I ask how much your unit costs?

pictures of the before and after would be cool too...............if you want too!

@LittleMissPurdy There is no talking to this particular neighbor. He came over once in October when we were trying to get water & electric going. He was very rude. His wife drives by yelling out her car window. They are a problem to every person living on this section of the road. I was warned about them by the landlord & every neighbor. They are just the type of people who like to cause problems for others.

omgosh..:drool ..cheese.....anything!
wow, a petting zoo?!:weee :celebrate
hello:frow
:D ...LadyBehir is letting me ride on the roof...
:highfive:
:th ...oh-wow!!! I so totally have dehydrator envy right now!!!...good for you though!! AWESOME..you got the gold  that is for sure...i have been eye-balling those forever....hahahaa, 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNIVERSARY, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!!!!! :bun :bun :D ..so, what are you  dehydrating first?

Don't most of us have a petting zoo in our own yards by now? :oops:. We've got two parrots, a dog and 8 chickens and two baby chicks, around this forum, that's small potatoes...

Can we talk about bone broth? What are the benefits? Is it tasty? Never heard of it before except on this forum.

*edited for auto correct.

Last edited:
Got my birthday/Christmas/anniversary present last night. Washed and ready to use. My hubby told me to pick whatever I wanted so I picked an Excalibur dehydrator. I'm so excited to load it up!
You made an excellent choice. We have had an Excaliber for several years now and have used it a lot. We have the 5 tray.

Hi guys, sorta off topic. Remember when I surprised my little sister with a frizzle serama chick this past Easter? (probably not) Well, at 37 weeks old (about 9 months) she laid er first egg today! It was sooo tiny and cute!

Comparison next to one of our eggs and a store bought egg. It's weird though, she hatched from a white egg, and she lays creamish brown.

I started making bone broth a few years ago when I went low carb and made lifestyle changes after some medical issues. The natural/holistic websites talked about it so I started researching.

All three of us drink a cup everyday. I've noticed less illness over the past year. Our hair and nails grow like crazy. Less aching joints. Me personally, I've noticed less digestive issues and with IBS and a gluten sensitivity my system is a mess.

Here's a good link:
http://doctorauer.com/benefits-of-bone-broth/

I started making bone broth a few years ago when I went low carb and made lifestyle changes after some medical issues. The natural/holistic websites talked about it so I started researching.

All three of us drink a cup everyday. I've noticed less illness over the past year. Our hair and nails grow like crazy. Less aching joints. Me personally, I've noticed less digestive issues and with IBS and a gluten sensitivity my system is a mess.

Here's a good link:
http://doctorauer.com/benefits-of-bone-broth/

My grandmother would of kept this on the stove all winter,
Just something I always have on hand, really hits the spot when not feeling well..I can it and use just like broth with a roast...

In my case it is really just ordinary broth that has been condensed more than most...

wow!   I want to do fruit drying too!
I read about it................thats all I know about it.................please keep sharing...........

can I ask how much your unit costs?  

pictures of the before and after would be cool too...............if you want too!

We bought it on Amazon, it was on sale for around $230.

We are making a last minute trip to visit my parents (haven't seen them since New year's Eve). I'll take a before pic when I get home and share.

On my old nesco I was doing a batch of apples once a week. They are eaten like candy in this house. We haven't bought pepper flakes in year. I dry them (even fire roasted ones) and lightly pulse them. Better taste than anything from the store.

Back
Top Bottom