Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Poor turtles had ice all day today. Just got home from the ER...bronchitis. My son hasn't had a chance to get wood cut

I have bronchitis and it sucks. I get it every year on top of my asthma. I took medicine for it and was starting to feel better, but I can feel it creeping back up on me...

Totally know the feeling. Asthma & copd really do not like nasty weather.

Ransom pa

Welcome.!

Hubby and I were outside looking at the coop today. It seems there will be an expansion project this spring :) the one side that we never put a door in (we just put plywood up to block it for the winter) is going to just be an opening into a second room. I'm guessing it'll be around a 6 or 7 ft x 12 ft addition :) under it were going to put in 2 seperation pens and extend the run by another 15 feet or so. I'm excited! We're going to add a turkey coop too.....lol

Jealous for me, but happy for you! You're expanding so fast!

Can you please get a picture of your setup? I've been him-hawing around on moving buns from the garage to their brand new warren because I wasn't sure if a heater could handle doing pipes.

Goats apparently also depend on the breed. A friend had nubians (same type my friend had here) and she didn't like them either, but she loves her Nigerian Dwarf goats. The nubians had a beautiful pasture here and it works GREAT for the sheep and everybody else... Those jerks were just horrible, HORRIBLE creatures. The neighbor has a junky little 3' fence with maybe 150 square feet of space for his fainters and they do just fine with that. Nubians are just ******** and need to have a basic shelter and fence with absolutely nothing else in there that you don't want to be absolutely destroyed. Jerks.

Tell us how you really feel! :lol:

I have been massaging her crop. Last night was the first night that I didn't see her shifting constantly, trying to work it through. This morning, I managed to get her to throw up a big glob that had grass through it. I'm hoping that was the blockage. She seems to be feeling great this morning :)

another update for everyone. Wynter seems to be healing great! All I did was blue kote him and his mama has been taking care of him. Last night I watched him jump way up to the high roost with her. He's holding his own very well :) I'll try to get a picture when I go brave the cold again lol.

So glad for both of your chickens! Sounds like they have BOTH turned the corner. Now if only I could get my Mary Poopins to grow in some feathers ASAP, we'd be all set here. It sure is nippy out there!

Seems like good weather for the start of something wonderful!!

I have been massaging her crop. Last night was the first night that I didn't see her shifting constantly, trying to work it through. This morning, I managed to get her to throw up a big glob that had grass through it. I'm hoping that was the blockage. She seems to be feeling great this morning
smile.png

another update for everyone. Wynter seems to be healing great! All I did was blue kote him and his mama has been taking care of him. Last night I watched him jump way up to the high roost with her. He's holding his own very well
smile.png
I'll try to get a picture when I go brave the cold again lol.
Glad to hear everyone is feeling better!

I know about asthma. It sucks. The cold isn't helping. I hate -2 degrees in the morning!

Poor turtles had ice all day today. Just got home from the ER...bronchitis. My son hasn't had a chance to get wood cut & what I have is wet so wasn't burning well. I grabbed a nice electric heater at Lowes & am now attempting to get the house warmed up.
so sorry to hear you are not well Silkie...i truly hope things start to turn around for you & your family.

Welcome! What kind of chickens do you have?

@LMP the kid in the picture is 'Elvis' he's been wethered and is in a pet home, this crazy fall has put me a little behind with breeding, none of my girls are bred. I hope to get 2 bred next week if they come into season.
well 'Elvis" is really cute! glad to hear he has a good home...take your time with things Blarney, they will happen
hugs.gif
Our Pom- Anastazia(Ana), is coming into season, we are hoping to have her & Ceasar mated this month. I am so very excited at the prospect of babies..pom-babies. ..hoping nature is willing to go with the plans too.
I have been massaging her crop. Last night was the first night that I didn't see her shifting constantly, trying to work it through. This morning, I managed to get her to throw up a big glob that had grass through it. I'm hoping that was the blockage. She seems to be feeling great this morning
smile.png

another update for everyone. Wynter seems to be healing great! All I did was blue kote him and his mama has been taking care of him. Last night I watched him jump way up to the high roost with her. He's holding his own very well
smile.png
I'll try to get a picture when I go brave the cold again lol.
glad to hear things are getting better with your birds!! your care has definitely kept them well

** for all those suffering from chest issues, do you use any kind of vaporizer or natural elixirs?..teas..ect..

I know about asthma. It sucks. The cold isn't helping. I hate -2 degrees in the morning!
I could really have something to say to these weather people sometimes...they said our area..2 inches..yeah-right...more like 5 inches! seriously...my body..
old.gif
..&
th.gif
..hahaha, the sun was shining though
cool.png
!...hahaha..
**Wing..that pot of goodies looks mighty inviting!!
droolin.gif
..what did you end up with??

I could really have something to say to these weather people sometimes...they said our area..2 inches..yeah-right...more like 5 inches! seriously...my body..:old ..& :th ..hahaha, the sun was shining though:cool: !...hahaha..
**Wing..that pot of goodies looks mighty inviting!!:drool ..what did you end up with??

That is the start of a big pot of beef bone broth, it will stay on the stove on a low simmer till sometime Monday morning...I used to make it on the wood stove but we no longer burn wood..

@wingstone If the jerk neighbors would quit calling every agency they can think of to try to cause me problems then we would be doing much better. So far, 1 particular neighbor has called: children's services, the sheriff, the game warden, the health department, 2 food pantries (that was actually helpful), the county trustees, & the building permit department. Imma bout to go postal on the witch!

Going thru Bakers Creek rare seed catalog and plotting my garden. I'm ready to order and start planting. I miss running out and picking what I need for supper. I informed my husband that I'm going to pick the seeds and diagram the garden this year to utilize our space best and include more varieties of veggies.

I was checking my frozen bone bags today. I usually get my largest crockpots out and do a crock each of beef and chicken broth.

If you are still getting grass after 4 days ...There is still grass impacted in there .
Have you massaged it trying to work it out or down ?
Heres a link ..that should help
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/04/answers-from-chicken-vet-on-impacted.html

I have been massaging her crop. Last night was the first night that I didn't see her shifting constantly, trying to work it through. This morning, I managed to get her to throw up a big glob that had grass through it. I'm hoping that was the blockage. She seems to be feeling great this morning :)

another update for everyone. Wynter seems to be healing great! All I did was blue kote him and his mama has been taking care of him. Last night I watched him jump way up to the high roost with her. He's holding his own very well :) I'll try to get a picture when I go brave the cold again lol.

LOVE starting my day with great news! Thank you.

We are headed out in the cold and up to Harrisburg, I can practically taste the cheese cubes already!

Back
Top Bottom