Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey guys! I've been lurking as often as I can but school is getting really intense right now. I've pretty much been running on E this week, and starting pool class this week isn't helping. Especially since I have it at 8 in the morning. Nothing like a refreshing swim in a crazy cold pool first period when you only got about 4 hours of sleep from studying all night for your Honors Biology test. Any who... :oops:

Does anyone want some pearl grey guineas? I have 5 available; 2 males, 3 females. 6 months old. Please PM me if interested. Guinea fowl just aren't for me. 

I remember having swimming first period. Yuck. Morning like wet hair and a chill all day long lol

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
great hatch! What do I win for guessing the right #?
woot.gif
gig.gif
Having been a member here for a while, I imagine the prize is a baby chick, or 6. I have some i could offer for the prize if oletymer wants to keep all 27.

oletymer - that is a great hatch. You homemade incubator is doing the job. I've been building one for months now, just nervous about actually finishing and committing eggs to it.

Looks like the forecasters are hedging their bets this weekend. Snow, or snow and freezing rain, or ????

Advantage working until midnight Sunday - little traffic. Disadvantage- might be the worst time for road conditions.

I do know it was cold doing all the waters this morning.

Looks like the forecasters are hedging their bets this weekend. Snow, or snow and freezing rain, or ????

Advantage working until midnight Sunday - little traffic. Disadvantage- might be the worst time for road conditions.

I do know it was cold doing all the waters this morning.

Yep its just nasty out there....only my BL had the good sense to stay in the coop.....I even had a hard time breaking the ice out of the water bowls....

Do chickens have the sense to eat snow if their water is frozen? I'm afraid their water was frozen all day yesterday... checked it this morning and it was frozen solid, I guess our submersible heater isn't working. I didn't check it at all yesterday and I bet it was frozen all day long. They ate totally fine today so I started wondering if they were smart enough to eat snow for water.

Do chickens have the sense to eat snow if their water is frozen? I'm afraid their water was frozen all day yesterday... checked it this morning and it was frozen solid, I guess our submersible heater isn't working. I didn't check it at all yesterday and I bet it was frozen all day long. They ate totally fine today so I started wondering if they were smart enough to eat snow for water.

I've seen mine pick at the snow but I don't know if they're doing it for a drink or just because that cold, fluffy stuff feels funny.

I opened the run door today to give everyone some scratch and they all came running over full speed and jumped up on the door frame but they put the brakes on as fast as possible lol. They were NOT coming out where that nasty snow is! I can't wait until spring when they'll fly out that door again in a whirlwind of feathers!

I am barely taking care of the critters. I pulled something coughing and it hurts to move. Ribcage area. We also got about 5.5 inches of snow in yesterday's storm. Good reasons to stay on the couch under the afghan with the cuddle cat.

I hurt my back this week while catching a rooster, I've been unable to bend over or put my own shoes on since Wednesday, the pain is incredible, the chores are being done haphazardly by my family and the steroids the doctor gave me are not working quickly enough. I can still drive, but can not dress myself...and I prefer this way than the other way around.

taking care of critters is the only thing getting done lately...
does anyone else get those winter time blues ( i get this way every year)
what helps with this besides just wait for spring???

They sell some kind of lamp at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $15, it helps with the seasonal lack of light blues. Keep yourself on a schedule, and pin point things in your mind that you are looking forward to, ie a hatch, visit from kids, holiday or birthday celebration, project you are working on.

Absolutely! Combine that with having our kitchen remodeled (we are on week 6), no washer or dryer to use and my already ready small house looks like an episode of hoarders because my kitchen is in my living room and spare bedrooms. Also have a now non-broody hen and chicks who want out, but it's just going to be too cold this weekend for that.

So today I went shopping in my seed catalogs, and I hopefully will start a knitting class in a week so I can get out of the house.

Hoping for spring to come swiftly also! :clap

A knitting class!! I am so jealous. I would love to learn to knit or crochet.

I crochet!

I had to buy eggs today. The girls just are not laying enough now that the Big Guy and I are going back on Atkins.

Back is much better now that I am not coughing quite as much. I can't wait for spring!

Back
Top Bottom