Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Yes I did & I love them all. I got a Silver Laced Wyandott & a Gold one too, Dominique, Barred Rock, Golden Comet and a Black Australorp and I wish I could have about 20 more..lol So many other breeds I'd love to have. I am getting enough eggs to sell some & get $4 a dozen for them. So on the whole, enjoying chicken ranching VERY much...lol The other girls kind of pick on the poor little Golden Comet, Nettie, and we have to go out every night & put her from the nest box up to the roosting bar with her sisters. I think she goes in last & then is afraid to try & get up on the roost cause they are nasty to her. They get along pretty good in the run most of the time, she just avoids them when she can...lol Hope all your animals are doing well too.

I hurt my back this week while catching a rooster, I've been unable to bend over or put my own shoes on since Wednesday, the pain is incredible, the chores are being done haphazardly by my family and the steroids the doctor gave me are not working quickly enough. I can still drive, but can not dress myself...and I prefer this way than the other way around. A knitting class!! I am so jealous. I would love to learn to knit or crochet.
Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you heal soon, that can be so painful. :hugs. I'll teach you how to knit when I learn! :D
I'm on another group through Facebook & someone posted this there & I thought it was cute And here are my girls
What a beautiful flock of chickens. I can tell they are well loved. And I love the picture in the frame too! :lol:
My niece counted 150 chickens in pens last fall (free ranging doesn't count). We're getting 40 - 50 eggs a day I think. There must be about 60 chicks of various ages in our basement now. I've got some buyers lined up to sell some of those. I guess that qualifies as a huge number, right?
Huge number and very neighborly.....
Yes I did & I love them all. I got a Silver Laced Wyandott & a Gold one too, Dominique, Barred Rock, Golden Comet and a Black Australorp and I wish I could have about 20 more..lol So many other breeds I'd love to have. I am getting enough eggs to sell some & get $4 a dozen for them. So on the whole, enjoying chicken ranching VERY much...lol The other girls kind of pick on the poor little Golden Comet, Nettie, and we have to go out every night & put her from the nest box up to the roosting bar with her sisters. I think she goes in last & then is afraid to try & get up on the roost cause they are nasty to her. They get along pretty good in the run most of the time, she just avoids them when she can...lol Hope all your animals are doing well too. [/quote/] I know what you mean, I have to carry my Silkie to the coop from the porch every night. :rolleyes:

Omg!...classified hoarder,
caf.gif
In my defense, we do have a dairy farm with 100+ acres to use. Last year I free-ranged a lot of extra chickens (mostly extra roos). This year I'm hoping to free-range more hens and guineas, to even out the mixture. I really wouldn't mind having 100+ guineas roving around the farm, and a lot of chickens too.

My niece counted 150 chickens in pens last fall (free ranging doesn't count). We're getting 40 - 50 eggs a day I think.

There must be about 60 chicks of various ages in our basement now. I've got some buyers lined up to sell some of those.

I guess that qualifies as a huge number, right?
60 chicks in the basement....................that must be so incredible! 150 chickens..............wow...........

I am thinking you have a good market for your eggs..............if you are getting 50 eggs a day.............where do you sell them? stores or people?

you are a true chicken farmer , for sure!

In my defense, we do have a dairy farm with 100+ acres to use. Last year I free-ranged a lot of extra chickens (mostly extra roos). This year I'm hoping to free-range more hens and guineas, to even out the mixture. I really wouldn't mind having 100+ guineas roving around the farm, and a lot of chickens too.

Are we allowed to invite ourselves over for a tour of the chicken farm? :oops:

Back
Top Bottom