Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: Not worth the hassle. Building Dept is telling me my cabin will never pass their inspections here because my ceilings under the too low under the lofts & they won't approve the lofts as bedrooms. The county I'm looking to move to has no Building Dept, no inspections & no permits required. I can live in whatever I want & build whatever I want & no one will ever bother me.
PLUS, the problem lives across the road from me. We have a neighbor who hates our landlord & is trying to force her & her girlfriend (yes, you read that right) to sell him the property. The jerk has literally called every agency they could find in the past 4 months to cause me trouble. They have called: Children's Services, the Game Warden, the Humane Society, the Health Dept, the Building Dept, the Sheriff & 2 food pantries. These are the ones we know for sure. Plus, they called our neighbor who owns the corn field next door to tell him my son was trespassing when he was cutting a tree near the property line & it fell the wrong way & landed partially in the field. He showed up while my son was cutting up the tree trying to clear it off the field. No issue since my son works for the neighbor's cousin, but that's not the point. I'm sick of jerk neighbors. The guy's wife drives by & yells out her car window about my son parking his truck too close to the road. Oh, forgot! She called the township too trying to have his truck towed. He gets stuck in our driveway so made a parking area by our mailbox...perfectly legal...but she didn't like it.
What kind of cabin do you have? like on wheels? just cant picture it...
idunno.gif

Ugh! Looks like I'm moving again. My landlord is an idiot. She swore she checked

Geez Silkie:

Maybe you need to get your tucas out of Ohio and back in PA....just my two cents,,,,but, I'd just escrow the rent until the proper permits are in place...any bank can do this for you, and if the landlord tries to evict you, no court would approve....my two cents of legal opinions.....

Not worth the hassle. Building Dept is telling me my cabin will never pass their inspections here because my ceilings under the too low under the lofts

What kind of cabin do you have? like on wheels? just cant picture it...:idunno

It is a 12x32 skid barn from Old Hickory & has 12 ft lofts on each end. I posted pix a while back but my phone is telling me it doesn't have enough memory to post today...grrrrr

Last edited:
still searching for chukar eggs, why are the hard to find.

fisherlady, can I get your contact for the plymouth rock, after seeing your stock, I am not sure I want to even breed my hatchery stock...maydo a small breeding just to see, but nothing large scale..

@oletymer Found the original pix. This was before I put the woodstove, bathroom walls, ladder to loft or moved anything in.

Front & side
12X32 with double 12x12 lofts

Back door with my son's gf hanging out waiting on me to help her down cuz steps are not set yet

This end will contain kitchen & bath. She is 5'6"...ceiling beams are 6'2"...better be short (I am) or learn to duck.

12X12 loft on each end for kids' rooms & storage. Still gotta install ladders.

This end is the front. My room goes to the right of the door in front of window. Woodstove goes on the block base to the left. Livingroom area is on right across from woodstove.

Lots of work to do, but moving in as soon as electric, plumbing & woodstove are in.

I'm thinking I'm a little weird, because I'm excited that we are getting ready to start slicing 2 bushels of cabbage and loading up the crock for a large batch of sauerkraut. We are down to one bag in the freezer and can't wait to make more!

I'm thinking I'm a little weird, because I'm excited that we are getting ready to start slicing 2 bushels of cabbage and loading up the crock for a large batch of sauerkraut. We are down to one bag in the freezer and can't wait to make more!

we made ours in the fall. .....200 lbs lol. It turned out good but not as good as the last year

60 chicks in the basement....................that must be so incredible! 150 chickens..............wow...........

I am thinking you have a good market for your eggs..............if you are getting 50 eggs a day.............where do you sell them? stores or people?

you are a true chicken farmer , for sure!

Word of mouth, a bunch of people come to the farm to get "farm fresh" eggs. A local chiropractor buy a lot to sell to his customers.

Not word at all. I canned mine this year.

Home canned sauerkraut, cantaloupe, watermelon rind, and pickles were my Christmas gifts to family.

Back
Top Bottom