Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

All I have for sale are chicks, but if you decide to go that route, I have a bunch of them.

I did an "inventory" and I have 117 chicks and keets in my basement and garage. Most of them I want to keep -- oh where am I going to put them all!
Time to start building more coops I guess. Anyone want to volunteer to come help me, LOL?

Oooh! So you are the one with the craigslist ad I keep bookmarking! I can't decide on Rhodebars or Bielefelders....

Anyone have any good remedies for stress headaches.
No alcohol, that causes an entirely different kind of headache
No doctor, no, not happening, need every penny for lawyer
Thought about packing car and just driving away, that would not solve anything

Looking on the bright side of it, my pen's are very clean right now since when I get mad or stressed I clean instead of eat like most people.
Birds may be walking in mud outside but inside is all good.

Last edited:
Oooh! So you are the one with the craigslist ad I keep bookmarking! I can't decide on Rhodebars or Bielefelders....
Yeah, that's me.

My experience with Bielefelders is limited, but so far I like Rhodebars much better. They are cheaper because they are no longer "new and exotic", but they remain very popular indeed because they are such excellent production birds. They easily out-lay all the other "pure" breeds. If their eggs were an "exotic" color, they'd be my most popular seller, but because the eggs are light brown, they are out-shined by Welsummers and Black Sexlinks (Black Ameraucana father so the eggs are blue).

We should figure out how to meet halfway and exchange a bunch of eggs.

Not sure how many are familiar with the Tinker Bell movies, but i had to snap a pic today of my Evie dressed up in her old Fawn costume (Fawn is an animal fairy) with one of our dark cornish chicks.

Looking on the bright side of it, my pen's are very clean right now since when I get mad or stressed I clean instead of eat like most people.

Hot shower, temple/shoulder massage, comfy position with warm cloth over forehead, hot cup of herbal tea, avoid anything with caffeine.

Yeah, that's me.

My experience with Bielefelders is limited, but so far I like Rhodebars much better. They are cheaper because they are no longer "new and exotic", but they remain very popular indeed because they are such excellent production birds. They easily out-lay all the other "pure" breeds. If their eggs were an "exotic" color, they'd be my most popular seller, but because the eggs are light brown, they are out-shined by Welsummers and Black Sexlinks (Black Ameraucana father so the eggs are blue).

I had Rhodebars last year, but their colors were off. To light. I didn't keep them past 3 months, so I didn't get a chance to really know the breed. The Bielefelders I am considering because their crele coloring is much nicer, they seem like a bigger breed and very gentle. I want a good bird that has all those qualities and lays well. I want to use them for my own Cornish X project and for their eggs. I am starting to worry a bit about feeding the family something more than just eggs.

What eggs would you be interested in? I have lack of suitable roo in my Ams (he's a white crop-out from Kat LaDue and going back to her at the end of the month and my cockerel has the single beard gene). All my bantam eggs are in my own incubator because of my own low numbers and low fertility.

Not sure how many are familiar with the Tinker Bell movies, but i had to snap a pic today of my Evie dressed up in her old Fawn costume (Fawn is an animal fairy) with one of our dark cornish chicks.

Adorable! Fawn is one of my favorite fairies in the movie. Tinker belle is our family mascot since our last name is Tinker lol

Hot shower, temple/shoulder massage, comfy position with warm cloth over forehead, hot cup of herbal tea, avoid anything with caffeine.

Wow !
That's a long list, is this advice from medical training or life experience.
Will be trying some of those tonight, even just to ease the head would be great.

central pa Lycoming county

Welcome!

May want to try some Magneisum. I used a product called Natural Calm. Amazing stuff!

Yeah, that's me.

If my second broody hatches out any Rhodebars, I would like to keep one. You say they are such good layers and that is what I would like. Are they auto sexing? Are the Wellsummers? I still would like to try Bieles one day. :D

Adorable!

Back
Top Bottom