Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Clearfield Pennsylvania!! I am just beginning my lifelong dream of raising a few chickens! If all goes well my chickens, my coop and run will be installed by the end of March! My chicks will be raised in my great room for the first month! Then the fun begins!!

Last edited:
Clearfield Pennsylvania!! I am just beginning my lifelong dream of raising a few chickens! If all goes well my chickens, my coop and run will be installed by the end of March! My chicks will be raised in my great room for the first month! Then the fun begins!!
Welcome Nimrod.......I to am just starting a life long dream of having a few chickens for my yard. I will be starting on the coop here next week I hope and my chicks arrive in 13 days(I can't wait). Mine will also be raised in my house till they are 6 weeks old. Good luck on yor endeavor and welcome to BYC from Johnstown.

Last edited:

Congrats on your new venture and welcome from Cambria county! Be sure to make your coop bigger than you think you need it to be. They are addicting and you will want more lol

They sound gorgeous. Lemon Cuckoo is to-die-for in my mind. I bought two buff orpington from a place that got their stock from Ideal. One has yellow legs and I was told she must be a buff rock. But do you think Daffodil might really be a Orpington--just not a up-to-standard one?  Would a picture help? She certainly matured faster than my pale legged girl! I am not showing my hens, one show dog is enough for me!

I got my Lemon cuckoo eggs of eBay originally. I think they came from out near Seven Springs.

By breed standard, Orps have dark legs. My cuckoo boy doesn't, probably a trait from a cross to develop the cuckoo.

There are probably some pictures of some of my color crosses somewhere in the album's on my profile.. I'm normally in my phone and have trouble finding stuff on here.

I'll probably begin Hatching in earnest in a week or two.

Welcome! I'm close to you and just got my very first chicks last week. How many chickens are you getting? And what breeds? They are really fun for sure. As Auroradream26 said: Always make your coop bigger. You will need it.
gig.gif

Did I ever mention I got goats?

Two Nigerian dwarf wethers back around Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately one died about two weeks ago. Find and active one night, dead the next morning.

Not wanting a lonely goat, I got these mini Nubians this past weekend.

Both does about a year old. I'm afraid I might get goat math. They are still adjusting, but so cool!

Hey @Blarneyeggs , would you have any interest in trading some polish later on lol. Eggs or chicks through the chicken train eventually
wink.png

I sure would, well...if any hatch! I only have one pullet right now, and have my first set of eggs in the incubator. I'm just about ready to check development. We are on day 6.

Back
Top Bottom