Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Did I ever mention I got goats?

Two Nigerian dwarf wethers back around Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately one died about two weeks ago. Find and active one night, dead the next morning.

Not wanting a lonely goat, I got these mini Nubians this past weekend.

Both does about a year old. I'm afraid I might get goat math. They are still adjusting, but so cool!

I'm no vet, but I'm pretty sure you're safe with what you have right now. My goat math goes like this: 1 wether x 2 does = 0 kids.
wink.png

The Goat Math at my house is currently adding to zero as well. We were quite busy this fall and I'm not sure I got ANY of my does bred. I put them with the bucks, but I just don't think anyone's settled. We shall know shortly. If they did settle, I'll have kids coming early May and again early July. I sure hope to anyway.

Any of you interested in getting certified to draw your own blood on your chickens.... Ta Dah...

Are you interested in becoming a Pennsylvania Certified Poultry Technician (CPT) to take samples for poultry shows or NPIP? Are you already a CPT but want to attend another class as a refresher? Do you know someone who needs to attend a CPT class?

We will be holding a CPT class on Thursday April 7, 2016 from 9 am until we are done (hopefully by 3) at the PA Department of Agriculture Region 7 Office in Collegeville, Montgomery County. This is likely to be the only CPT class in southeastern PA (east of Lancaster) in 2016 so please make room in your schedule to attend if you need to become certified to test for this summer's show season.

Attendance will be limited, at least for the hands on portion (each attendee with be responsible for bringing 4-5 of their own birds), so please sign up soon if you are interested in attending.

If you do not really need to become a CPT, but are just curious or just need a refresher on the classroom part, please sign up as "classroom-only" so that we can reserve the limited hands-on spots for those who really need to become certified.

To sign up, please email me. In the email, please provide the name(s) of the people who are signing up, if they will be attending the classroom part only or both the classroom and hands-on parts, and why they wish to become a CPT (e.g. to test for show, to test commercial poultry for NPIP, etc.).

People wishing to attend a CPT class must also be PRE-APPROVED by our Harrisburg office to attend. Once you have contacted me, I will send you the application to mail or fax in to Harrisburg so that you can be pre-approved in time to attend the class.

For more information about the CPT program, please look at our website at www.agriculture.state.pa.us and type "Certified Poultry Technician" in the search box. For specific questions, please email me at [email protected] or call me at 717-773-1748. Thank you.

[COLOR=0000FF]Any of you interested in getting certified to draw your own blood on your chickens.... Ta Dah...[/COLOR]

Are you interested in becoming a Pennsylvania Certified Poultry Technician (CPT) to take samples for poultry shows or NPIP? Are you already a CPT but want to attend another class as a refresher? Do you know someone who needs to attend a CPT class?

We will be holding a CPT class on Thursday April 7, 2016 from 9 am until we are done (hopefully by 3) at the PA Department of Agriculture Region 7 Office in Collegeville, Montgomery County. This is likely to be the only CPT class in southeastern PA (east of Lancaster) in 2016 so please make room in your schedule to attend if you need to become certified to test for this summer's show season.

Attendance will be limited, at least for the hands on portion (each attendee with be responsible for bringing 4-5 of their own birds), so please sign up soon if you are interested in attending.

If you do not really need to become a CPT, but are just curious or just need a refresher on the classroom part, please sign up as "classroom-only" so that we can reserve the limited hands-on spots for those who really need to become certified.

To sign up, please email me. In the email, please provide the name(s) of the people who are signing up, if they will be attending the classroom part only or both the classroom and hands-on parts, and why they wish to become a CPT (e.g. to test for show, to test commercial poultry for NPIP, etc.).

People wishing to attend a CPT class must also be PRE-APPROVED by our Harrisburg office to attend. Once you have contacted me, I will send you the application to mail or fax in to Harrisburg so that you can be pre-approved in time to attend the class.

For more information about the CPT program, please look at our website at [COLOR=800080][COLOR=0000FF]www.agriculture.state.pa.us[/COLOR][/COLOR] and type "Certified Poultry Technician" in the search box. For specific questions, please email me at [COLOR=800080][email protected][/COLOR] or call me at 717-773-1748. Thank you.
That's awesome, I'd love to do this but that's too far away food me to get to :/

[COLOR=0000FF]I'm no vet, but I'm pretty sure you're safe with what you have right now.   My goat math goes like this:  1 wether x 2 does = 0 kids.    [/COLOR];)

[COLOR=0000FF]The Goat Math at my house is currently adding to zero as well.  We were quite busy this fall and I'm not sure I got ANY of my does bred.  I put them with the bucks, but I just don't think anyone's settled.  We shall know shortly.  If they did settle, I'll have kids coming early May and again early July.  I sure hope to anyway.[/COLOR]

I know I'm safe with mine, but they are so darn cute!

Original reason for them was brush control, but they are such cool animals.

Started with the wethers since they are relatively inexpensive, but the two does were available when I needed them and well priced since the owners are preparing to relocate.

Weather might break next week, so it may be time to think fencing, 100's of feet of fencing.

Hello all in Penn's land just joined a few days ago and decided to find the pa group just in case some of my neighbors may be on here..ya never know..I have been raising chickens for about a year now.I have ten hens full grown now three Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams,four Barred Plymouth Rock hens,with three New Hampshire red hens also and i.ve just added some ducks to the mix for this year plus some more chicks.Feel free to check out my profile to see my flock doing their thing.hope to here from any locals here are a few pics my new Kahki Campbell ducks and all the other chicks four Buff Orpingtons and an additional six Pullets of unknown breed,,and little do the ducks know that they are being brooded in the pond liner that i'm going to install later this spring for them,,lol

Hello all in Penn's land just joined a few days ago and decided to find the pa group just in case some of my neighbors may be on here..ya never know..I have been raising chickens for about a year now.I have ten hens full grown now three Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams,four Barred Plymouth Rock hens,with three New Hampshire red hens also and i.ve just added some ducks to the mix for this year plus some more chicks.Feel free to check out my profile to see my flock doing their thing.hope to here from any locals here are a few pics my new Kahki Campbell ducks and all the other chicks four Buff Orpingtons and an additional six Pullets of unknown breed,,and little do the ducks know that they are being brooded in the pond liner that i'm going to install later this spring for them,,lol

Welcome from a few miles east of Punxsy! We go through Brookville weekly on our way to Erie in the summer and I have camped many times in Deer Meadow and drifted the Clarion in canoes and innertubes, so familiar with your area since childhood. Welcome aboard!

welcome-byc.gif

@fisherlady This is Sheryl Crow, my escape artist. I picked her up outside (after the dog chased her back in once already!), and decided to hand her to Duckling inside the coop. Duckling has never touched an adult, though they will stay inside while we are collecting eggs, and even stay in a nest box when she is standing there. LOL! She isn't sure how to handle new experiences (what toddler is?) so that is why the look on her face. The chicken never tried to get loose. Duckling held her until I said she could put her down if she wanted to. It was still a calm experience. Maybe the chicken was as unsure as the child!
lau.gif

Welcome from Cambria county! I love your little pond brooder! That's an awesome idea :)

Back
Top Bottom