Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Good after noon all!

This thread moves too fast....lets see

"Polo", congrats on the new chicks, Howdy from Chester Co., yes lots of critters all over, a bird built a nest in the "T" top of my boat, Hope Bella get better quick...there are a couple of variations of lyme desease ....my pooches have had it a few times...

Today's chicken drama....seems that my two CCL roos have decided to bully my BC Marans roo....and the second CCL roo has gotten a bit snitty around the food bowl with my Blue Marans girl... think I need to get my second coop back in service...question, if my two pens have a shared fence will they break into two .flocks or will they stay bonded as one flock???

Good after noon all!

This thread moves too fast....lets see

"Polo", congrats on the new chicks, Howdy from Chester Co., yes lots of critters all over, a bird built a nest in the "T" top of my boat, Hope Bella get better quick...there are a couple of variations of lyme desease ....my pooches have had it a few times...

Today's chicken drama....seems that my two CCL roos have decided to bully my BC Marans roo....and the second CCL roo has gotten a bit snitty around the food bowl with my Blue Marans girl... think I need to get my second coop back in service...question, if my two pens have a shared fence will they break into two .flocks or will they stay bonded as one flock???

I generally see that they prefer to roost all in the same area but move around the yard and out foraging as separate flocks. They must view night time as a 'safety in numbers' things. Generally spats then happen when inclement weather forces them to share space for extended periods of time.

Ok all I have lurking and reading haven't had much to say or ask or add as my knowledge is limited yet. 1 question I have is my chickswill be 8 weeks on Tuesday and are doing well, when can I change from chick starter to grower feed and any brand recommendations.

There are some of us ( OK, me), that only use one food for all. I've been using flock raiser from Purina or the Dumor equivalent with 20% protien for all my birds, chicks, poults, chickens, turkey and quail. It is easier for me than juggling the different feeds. I don't use any medicated feed for chicks, so that isn't an issue.

Back
Top Bottom