Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I can't say that I would jump up-and-down to have a goose, though the Pomeranian geese are tempting! I suppose it wouldn't be too much different than the ducks. The next time you have a chance, I would go for it!
Did you get everything sold? I should have said something, you could have come and met AnneInTheBurbs and me. She is more exciting though. :D I am twenty minutes from the TSC.

Don't put yourself down, MCC. I've met you and enjoyed spending the evening chatting.

Large fowl, Easter Egger moms, and apparently a naked neck dad, lol. These were eggs we hatched from 3 hens we bought from a farm towards York and collected the first week or two of getting them, knowing the farm had roosters so there was a good chance they were fertilized. I hatched eggs years ago when homeschooling with my kids, and wanted my 3 year old grand daughter to have the same experience! We were surprised to see the naked necks, lol We did not see that roo on the farm, haha.

we ended up with 11 hatched, one was cemented in the shell and died within 2 days, he had poked his toes thru the yolk soon after pipping.

3 are full feathered and my step dad wants them, but 7 are naked necks. You may get bluish green eggs from the girls when they are old enough. One of the naked necks has splayed leg though, the band aid treatment helped some, but it does not appear fully corrected.

The Buff and The Blue are the moms

A few yellow, a few grey, and one black for the naked necks. There are duplicate pics of individuals here.

These are the 3 full feathered ones we will be sending to my step dad.

Anyone raise geese? I almost brought home a gosling today but restrained myself. Now I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing it lol. Something that will get big but still be friendly...
I want to try mini geese someday. Holderhead has several, including mini Sebastopols. I also like cackling geese, the miniature Canadian geese (about the size of a standard duck).

My new babies hatched yesterday and after a 2 1/2 hour ride each way we are finally home. I am so excited. Meet Lucy, Ethel and Arnaz

This is Lucy she should be silver phase though it's hard to see the dark in this picture.

This is Ethel. She should be a gold phase.

This is Arnaz and he is already a little trouble maker... I love it lol. He should be silver phase.

They are eating and drinking beautifully and are so much different than my khakis. These guys love to have me sit and talk to them and aren't shy at all.

Lost my the free rangers the other day, nothing left but feathers.

So sorry! :hugs

[COLOR=0000FF]I hear that.  I've found piles of feathers twice in the last few weeks, oddly... no birds are missing.  I have no idea what happened, but in my head, it goes like this:  'fox grabs bird, bird squawks.  Bella to the rescue!'.  I have no way of knowing for sure, but it sure makes me smile.  My Bella's been pretty sick, some kind of tick born illness.  She's on antibiotics and has a limp.  Poor girl.[/COLOR]

Glad no one was injured, hope Bella feels better soon. :)

Westmoreland county here.
1f60a.png

Welcome from bucks county!

Just got my babies today!!! I'm so excited

:jumpy. Love little peepers! You're going to enjoy them immensely!

I can't say that I would jump up-and-down to have a goose, though the Pomeranian geese are tempting! I suppose it wouldn't be too much different than the ducks. The next time you have a chance, I would go for it!
Did you get everything sold? I should have said something, you could have come and met AnneInTheBurbs and me. She is more exciting though. :D I am twenty minutes from the TSC.

Haha! Exciting, I think not! We just gabbed for a while. Thanks for the eggs! I stuck 11 under my broody. She growled at me, then shuffled them so they were in place. Now the countdown begins! I forgot to ask you, what are the original breeds of your mixed chickens? Just curious! :lol:

So sorry!
hugs.gif

Glad no one was injured, hope Bella feels better soon.
smile.png

Welcome from bucks county!
jumpy.gif
. Love little peepers! You're going to enjoy them immensely!
Haha! Exciting, I think not! We just gabbed for a while. Thanks for the eggs! I stuck 11 under my broody. She growled at me, then shuffled them so they were in place. Now the countdown begins! I forgot to ask you, what are the original breeds of your mixed chickens? Just curious!
lol.png

Fisherlady can answer better, but BR... She has all kinds of Rocks! RIR and somewhere there is Ameraucana. Obviously, since some are green. The chocolates are a BCM EE. She said EE, not OE.
hu.gif

Not much help, am I?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom