Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Morning, Stake! How are your SPR doing? Mine are due tomorrow. I saw one rocking yesterday. I swear I've heard cheeping! I am not sure if one has moved, or I didn't place it close to the other eggs.

Fisherlady can answer better, but BR... She has all kinds of Rocks! RIR and somewhere there is Ameraucana. Obviously, since some are green. The chocolates are a BCM EE. She said EE, not OE. :confused:
Not much help, am I? :lol:

Our egger flock has been a mix of silver pencil rock, white rock (roos and hens), 2 barred rock hens, 4 buckeye hens, black Australorp (lead roo), a 1/2 barred rock roo (2nd in command), 2 black jersey giant hens, Light Sussex (hens and roos)a handful of barnyard mix hens (almost all solid black) and a few EEs and a couple of EE mixes.
I think we had the SPR all separated out before the chicks were hatched that became MotorcycleChick's flock, but possible the SPR genes are there from a couple of the barnyard mix hens we kept the last couple of years.
A very diverse flock but the are almost all very laid back (2 of our EE hens are a bit flighty but not whacko about it) and are roosters are all mellow, people friendly and good with the hens.

So basically you could end up with almost anything...the only thing we don't have is a white egg layer, if you get someone who lays white eggs then MotorcycleChick had a sneaky neighbor rooster get to a hen! :gig

Thanks ladies! I will keep that in mind. :D. Doesn't matter much to me, I just want to know for when I have to give them away, :D

Wrightsville, PA (York County)

Welcome to the fun!

Question
i have 4 guineas 2male and 2female
for the past 2 nights one of the females goes into the woods by my house and and doesnt come back till daylight and stays in my yard pretty much all day.
What could she be doing???
idunno.gif

Question 
i have 4 guineas 2male and 2female
for the past 2 nights one of the females goes into the woods by my house and and doesnt come back till daylight and stays in my yard pretty much all day.
What could she be doing???
:idunno

She could be guarding a clutch of eggs, she may not have enough to set on full time yet. I don't have guinea so not sure if their behavior mimics chicken brooding but that would be my first suspicion.

Back
Top Bottom