Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

This is my old duck coop, transformed into a temporary broody house. does it look ok?? Im assuming I should put food and water in the run part and open and close the little door like I do the coop? I will be moving her tonight if you guys all think the setup it ok

This is my old duck coop, transformed into a temporary broody house. does it look ok?? Im assuming I should put food and water in the run part and open and close the little door like I do the coop? I will be moving her tonight if you guys all think the setup it ok

If you are hatching eggs, the chicks will need warmth...about 90 degrees to start then alot less when they feather after a few weeks...I use a work light to heat my brooder.....

Its for a broody and her soon to be chicks, currently eggs :)

Looks good, is there a wire floor under the open part? Looks like there are gaps around the base and chicks can escape through very small gaps.. . depending on your yard security the open base could be a predator weak spot also.
If it isn't covered with wire you can easily add it though, the rest of the set up looks great for a broody hut.

Good evening all:

Have a bit of a conundrum...I think one of my 4wk old CCL chick is blind.....I had a hatch about a year ago with a OE roo who was blind....statistically that's a lot...anybody have any insight???

Back
Top Bottom