Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Went for a walk in the woods today and found 14 eggs.......:bow :bow Do I have to keep the girls locked up to get them to lay in the nest boxes? I am collecting eggs from the boxes every day, and I have a fake egg in one box all the time for them to see. If I have to lock them up, for how long???
I would also put a fake egg in every box so they know that every box is a safe place to lay their eggs. They may all crowd in to one box with just the one fake egg there lol
X2! I used golf balls because that's what I had on hand. Worked well.
This is my old duck coop, transformed into a temporary broody house. does it look ok?? Im assuming I should put food and water in the run part and open and close the little door like I do the coop? I will be moving her tonight if you guys all think the setup it ok
Looks great! Should do the trick. Is this your first time with having a broody hatch out a clutch?
Am I allowed to laugh because you said, "insight" after mentioning blind chickens?
:lau Fiddler on the roof? No, just a turkey...

I gotta get my flock of 5 week old guineas out of the basement and over to the farm. They are little delinquents. On day they got out and pooped all over the room, then perched on top of another brooder, I guess so they could taunt the chicks in there that hadn't figured out how to escape.

I love/hate Guineas

My one turkey is still wheezing as when I got her a month ago. What antibiotics can I try giving her? She looks and sounds particularly pathetic today. Any ideas? I hate to see her suffer, if there is something I can try.

Edited to add: Rusty Shackleford makes a cameo in the first few seconds... Haha.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom