Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Today is the day!! All three of my olive eggers laid an egg!!:D Just waiting on CL pullet to join.

Now do I still call Raven an OE since she lays brown?!?:barnie

Raven and Muffintop’s egg:
View attachment 1201797

Goldilocks first egg!!
View attachment 1201796
If Raven's egg is the top egg that's an actual true olive shade of brown so I would still call her an olive egger.

No Raven’s egg is the brown one. She and the other two hatched from olive eggs. What does one call their faulty chickens?! :th

The problem with breeding olive eggers is that from the second generation on, there's a chance that the blue egg gene won't get passed on. If it does, you get some incredibly dark olive eggs but if it doesn't, you just get brown. It happens.

AHHHH!!!!!!! :celebrate:wee:jumpy:yesss::highfive::ya

So @LeBlackbird had candled my eggs over the weekend and all of my Black Ameraucana eggs from Dennis are fertile. This morning I just candled all my eggs for the second time to see how things are going and OH. MY. GOD!

The embryo on the first Black Ameraucana egg was CLEAR AS DAY! I've never been happier in my entire life!! The second one is questionable cause I'm still new to this, but I think I saw some development on the third!!!! EEE!!! I'm so freaking happy!!!

So @LeBlackbird had candled my eggs over the weekend and all of my Black Ameraucana eggs from Dennis are fertile. This morning I just candled all my eggs for the second time to see how things are going and OH. MY. GOD!

The embryo on the first Black Ameraucana egg was CLEAR AS DAY! I've never been happier in my entire life!! The second one is questionable cause I'm still new to this, but I think I saw some development on the third!!!! EEE!!! I'm so freaking happy!!!
That large, handsome, yet very gentle black roo is doing his job (with enthusiasm, I should add). He has about 14 hens in his pen and I bet fertility will be good all year. I am very happy with the vigor and size of the black Ams. I would raise nothing but blacks if I it lavenders weren't so popular with the customers.

That large, handsome, yet very gentle black roo is doing his job (with enthusiasm, I should add). He has about 14 hens in his pen and I bet fertility will be good all year. I am very happy with the vigor and size of the black Ams. I would raise nothing but blacks if I it lavenders weren't so popular with the customers.
I need to meet this proud papa at some point, he's doing a very VERY good job! And I can't wait to meet his little babies when they finally hatch!

Damn. I've been messing around with the map. And the best half way point I can find is Altoona and I don't know if that's gonna work for either of us. :( We might still be able to figure something out, maybe... hrm.

Aw that's ok. I'll find some chickens near me, I'm sure. I can rescue some more from our neighbor in the spring :)

You're insane hatching eggs in this cold weather! But congratulations. I look forward to fluffy chick photos in the near future :love

Day 8 inside and Daffodil still isn't eating on her own. But her neck isn't limp any more and she can walk around her box a little
daffodil.jpg
and she did hop up on the side of her box briefly today!

Back
Top Bottom