Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Got bad news guys. One of my slw hens is dead. She was attacked by a coon we think because it had to reach through the fence and the crack in the door. She had no feathers on her head and there were a ton of feathers by the door. She also had a broken neck. Keith said he's gonna sit outside tonight with the shotgun.

Got bad news guys. One of my slw hens is dead. She was attacked by a coon we think because it had to reach through the fence and the crack in the door. She had no feathers on her head and there were a ton of feathers by the door. She also had a broken neck. Keith said he's gonna sit outside tonight with the shotgun.

I'm so sorry :(

golden wyandotte.jpg

Ivy (as in the Holly and the..) on her way home in my son's lap!
She is BEAUTIFUL--THANK YOU FANGED!

On the topic of chickens laying... Right now I have 13 chickens: 1 rooster, 2 too young to lay, 1 insistent broody, 1 EE definitely not laying. Several molting, and the rest, I'm not sure what is going on. We get about 1, maybe 2 eggs a day if we are lucky. :rant

View attachment 1201094
View attachment 1201095

I can get you some better pictures in the morning. Was planning on selling them cause I need to make space but they lay like champs for me.

Gosh too far for me, I think, but I would love to add those to my flock!

If you don’t like farm animals, don’t move into a farming community.

:clap

On the topic of chickens laying... Right now I have 13 chickens: 1 rooster, 2 too young to lay, 1 insistent broody, 1 EE definitely not laying. Several molting, and the rest, I'm not sure what is going on. We get about 1, maybe 2 eggs a day if we are lucky. :rant

Gosh too far for me, I think, but I would love to add those to my flock!

Well I could possibly meet you in the middle if need be? I'm down here outside of Birdsboro (so about 25 ish minutes east of Reading). If Harrisburg or somewhere central works better I wouldn't mind taking the drive.

Well I could possibly meet you in the middle if need be? I'm down here outside of Birdsboro (so about 25 ish minutes east of Reading). If Harrisburg or somewhere central works better I wouldn't mind taking the drive.

Looked up Berks County, and since I am located near Erie PA, we are 6 hours away from each other! :hit Well, I hope I can find some wynadottes near me.

Looked up Berks County, and since I am located near Erie PA, we are 6 hours away from each other! :hit Well, I hope I can find some wynadottes near me.
Damn. I've been messing around with the map. And the best half way point I can find is Altoona and I don't know if that's gonna work for either of us. :( We might still be able to figure something out, maybe... hrm.

Back
Top Bottom